New computer build video card question

aah yeh I forgot it was the 6 core (I've been up for about 20hrs). h100s arent really needed unless your going to be really overclocking. you could save yourself some money. If you really want liquid cooling then just buy a H70 and two good fans like Noctua and youll be just fine. then you can just mount it in the back of the case and youll be good. I have a h70 and my AMD 955 overclocked to 4.0 idles at around 32 and gets up to around 40ish while rendering videos or heavy gaming. If you are going to get the 600t I would get the 4 extra fans for the side panel so the video card gets air. I personally dont like the 600t but to each their own.

I am building a new computer, and this is what I have sitting at home as of now:

Corsair Graphite Series 600T

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

SeaSonic X-850 P/S

16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 RAM

ASUS VE248Q 24" Monitor

Kingston Hyper X 120 GB SSD

Creative X-Fi Sound blaster sound card from my current setup. Can't remember all the specs on it. It has all gold connectors and is 7.1. but no optical inputs/outputs.

This is what is sitting in a pile at the house awaiting my return right now. I've been reading a lot of stuff and watching a lot of videos (when I can get them to load b/c the internet connection sucks here). I get excited when i have a 54mb/sec connection. That is BLAZING fast for here.

Getting those Noctua fans and an H70 is like $10 more than the H100. But the actual cost of the H100 with 2 more upgraded fans would be even more than that...The one area I have not been researching is simple air coolers. Maybe I should start looking into that, but liquid cooling is something I have always wanted to have. If i used the H100 I would have the 200mm fan that comes in the top of the case as an extra with no where to utilize it. I could use the stock fans for the radiator to push and use 2 more fans to pull or vise versa. That 600T also has a front mounted 200mm fan and a rear mounted 120mm. Also the case has a built in 4ch fan controller, which I am not sure how good it is but it is still there. With the bios I think I may be able to control everything as well, but I will just have to wait and see until I get it together and working.

TIME OUT =@ =@ =@ =@ =@ =@ =@

The "6970" you linked is a 6870. Much different card. The 6970 is on par with the GTX 570, the 6870 is just about on par with the GTX 560. You're not going to find a 6970 for less than $300 unless you get a used one or can get your hands on an unlockable 6950.

This is Newegg's list of 6970's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600083901%20600095874&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

This is Newegg's list of 6870's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600083901%20600083829&IsNodeId=1&name=Radeon%20HD%206870

This is Newegg's list of 6850's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600083901%20600083830&IsNodeId=1&name=Radeon%20HD%206850

With that said, the 6870 or even the 6850 are both killer cards for the money. Unless you plan on getting into games like Battlefield 3 or Witcher 2 or other graphics-heavy games, the 6800 series will max pretty much anything out at 1080p. Skyrim, all the Valve titles, SWTOR, etc.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/11/29/zotac-geforce-gtx-560-ti-448-cores-review/6

are some reviews if anyone cares. for the cards mentioned. (please note that these cards have at least a +/- ~5-10% margin of fps gain/decrease)

also please avoid EVGA or other "stock" cards. their coolers are not up to par with some of the after market companies. i would never recommend a stock EVGA or ATI upper end card to anyone.

heat is the death of computers. spend the extra ~$10 and get an aftermarket card.. they're much better anyways.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I think I am going to go with this card. with the $20 rebate it comes out to $170. I don't really plan on doing any super high graphics gaming so I am sure this card will handle my needs. Now the next hurdle, the cooling and fans and all the little stuff.....

Thanks for catching that Maxim. I didn't notice that b/c that was actually the card I had saved in my wish list on newegg at the time Tank posted that link.

shit yeh sry i linked the wrong one... like I said I had been up for 20 hrs and my vision was a lil blurry. I misread it.

All good man. You know your shit. Just wanted to make sure he had the right links =)

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

shit yeh sry i linked the wrong one... like I said I had been up for 20 hrs and my vision was a lil blurry. I misread it.

All good man. You know your shit. Just wanted to make sure he had the right links =)

I've been building computers for the last 5 years and I keep up to date on just about all the new parts.

once again guys, thanks for all the guidance and I am really looking forward to getting this build done. Then I can concentrate on getting my car done, if that's even possible. It seems like there is always something to do on vehicles and once you start it is a never ending journey.

A little off topic. I hope you are using Windows 7 Ultimate on your PC or that 16GB is useless.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm