Sundown Audio

True Amp Output

mathewdylang

Besides clamping amps, is there any way to know true RMS power? A local guy said that taking fuse ratings and multiplying them by voltage would give you a close reading, which worked well for my AQ1200d, within 20watts to be precise. I tried this same theory with my MB Quart 1.1500d and it came to 1980w, on a 1500w amplifier. So I guess what I'm really asking is it possible that my amp could be that powerful? (It's an older model Discus)

Like the famous saying goes....you get what you pay for. :-D

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Clamping won't give you true RMS power either according to Tony at D'Amore.

You can estimate by doing the fusing multiplied by voltage, but knowing your amps exact efficiency is going to be difficult so you'll probably end up with an inflated number.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone I know this is an older topic but I'm wanting to know some more info on clamping ... what do I want to clamp when I'm testing (power inputs or sub output lines ? ) where do I want to clamp when I test ( near the amp or the sub ? )

thanks!

Archived