Sonic Electronix

1 18 inch subwoofer......and 2 12's?

As i was clearing out some stuff out of my room and garage i was moving my 2 12's that i was previously using before my 18 came in to my life :) and was wondering, would it be worth my time to hook up twelves or any smaller woofer for that matter with the 18. Would it increase SPL or SQ?

Thank you

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

18" DC Audio Level 4 w/ Lvl 5 soft partsAQ2200

JL Audio E6450JL Audio Mids and Highs0 gauge welding wire0/1 gauge big 3 upgrade

6 inch Suspension Lift

3 inch Body Lift

17" American Racing Wheels

37" Toyo Open Country M/T's

K&N Cold Air Intake

Throttle Body Spacers

SuperChip

4.88 Running Gears

MagnaFlo Exhaust

If you are seriously doing it as an actual build: no. Might reduce both spl and sq (cancellation)

If you are doing it as a fun side project or something just to see: Use separate boxes, take videos, enjoy

i hooked up my old 12's with my 15's just for fun. separate amps, separate boxes. didnt sound too bad. but, i didnt have as good electrical as i do now. i would say it would be a fun little experiment to do one time

Edited by Kdub26

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

There was a previous topic last week I believe about Mixings Sub. The most thing that you need to worry about, which has already been states. Using seperate boxes an seperate power. The only real thing to worry about if you did what I just said, is cancellation.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm