Sonic Electronix

Hey guys im kinda new to car audio and all. had a couple systems in my car but nothing really to brag about, but im starting my first real "build" and i was hoping people on here could help/give me good input on what i need to get and do.

Currently my build looks like this:

2 12" Sundown Audio SA-12

1 Audioque AQ1200D Amp or 1 Sundown Audio SAX-1200D <-- Which amp should i choose? i plan on upgrading it to a bigger amp in the future too.

1 XS Power D5100 Batt

1 Mechman HO Alt 220a

I am putting this in the back of a 2006 Toyota Corolla. My trunk dimensions are 42x25x16, so could i fit a decent sized ported box back there or what?

Any other input, ideas, or anything else is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

You would save a bit of money going with the AQ amp. I would suggest a bigger amp to start out with though. Those subs can handle more than rated.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

This being your first real build, I think the AQ1200 would be perfect. Yes those subs can handle more than rated but that doesnt mean everybody should do it. Kinda like putting me behind the wheel of a Nascar and telling me to drive it 200mph with a track full of other cars.....yeah it can do that but im probably not the best person to do it.

U have more than enough room back there for a nice box.....I'd go about 4ft3 and tuned to the low 30's. Have fun!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

You forgot something - SMD DD-1 to set your gains. especially if you're going to run almost double the rated power of those subs.

also, what do you plan on doing for your front stage?

you can fit a decent sized box in there. hit me up if you need a design. i'd be glad to help with that and any other questions you might have.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

This being your first real build, I think the AQ1200 would be perfect. Yes those subs can handle more than rated but that doesnt mean everybody should do it. Kinda like putting me behind the wheel of a Nascar and telling me to drive it 200mph with a track full of other cars.....yeah it can do that but im probably not the best person to do it.

U have more than enough room back there for a nice box.....I'd go about 4ft3 and tuned to the low 30's. Have fun!

This^ stick to the 1200 for now and later down the road when you're ready to upgrade, then sell off the 1200 and get a 2200. Just take care of your amps and keep them clean and scratch free. 1/0 would be good so that you would have to rerun wire later too.

Yes i will definitely have to have someone design a box for me and maybe even build it, willing to pay for the box and s&h. but that probably can be discussed later.

also, what do you plan on doing for your front stage?

^^what do you mean by that? like under the hood and with my headunit and all that?

i'm running 2 sa 12's dual 4 with a crescendo 2k. stock alt, 0gauge, 1 battery in the trunk. box is 4 cubes i believe don't remember exactly but tunes to 35 hz. i would go with a little more power than an aq 1200 but just just your gains right and you will be fine.