Sonic Electronix

yes i hope 4cu ft total too! haha that would be a huge box!

What do you guys think about my battery and alt? Im still running the stock ones, do you think i need to upgrade them anytime soon? if so are my batt and alt in the build log okay or would anyone recommend anything else?

if your running stock alt and no extra batteries. stick with the 1200.

Edited by 988216855

I plan on upgrading my battery and alt, but it would be a little bit after getting my subs and amp. and i have 3 A pillars in my car (i think), its a 2006 4dr toyota corolla. i would also need help figuring out how to wire stuff at 1ohm and all that, i have no clue what any of you are talking about when it comes to wiring things at Ohms, sorry for being such a noob with everyone haha

Haha no you have 2 A pillars unless your driving an armored truck. Go to the12volt.com to learn about ohm loads and lots of other things.

spelling edit

Edited by DjCrush

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I plan on upgrading my battery and alt, but it would be a little bit after getting my subs and amp. and i have 3 A pillars in my car (i think), its a 2006 4dr toyota corolla. i would also need help figuring out how to wire stuff at 1ohm and all that, i have no clue what any of you are talking about when it comes to wiring things at Ohms, sorry for being such a noob with everyone haha

go on rockford wiring wizard and put in two subs dual 4ohm and it should give you the wiring options. one of them will be on how to wire two dual 4s to 1 ohm. like i said im running stock alt stock batt and added a rear batt with a crecendo 2k. so far im ok. make sure you do the big 3. you will be fine with 1200 stock alt and the big 3.

if the 42 was the width of your trunk, i've got a design that i could modify a little bit to make it work well in your trunk.

402711_202221899870121_101923673233278_405216_1554151031_n.jpg

hit me up if you want the plans for it

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

42in is the width of the opening to my trunk. my trunk is much wider than 42 inches i just wanna be able to fit the box in there without any hassle. and that design looks good, ill keep in touch for when im ready for the box. could you build it and ship it? if not its fine.

The box should be 4 cubic ft total or per each sub? cause i thought 2.25cubic ft would be good per sub... im probably going to go with the AQ1200D just cause im inexperienced at the time.

And what would be better to run with the AQ1200 dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm?

Yeah, 4ft3 total after all displacements. The AQ1200 does rated @ 1ohm so you shold get dual 4ohm subs so u can wire them down to 1ohm.

As for ur batt and alt....how old is ur batt? If its 3+yrs old I'd suggest replacing it....the alt probably wont be necessary right now, just make sure ur battery is strong, do the Big 3 and run 1/0 wire. The 1/0 is overkill right now but it will allow u to upgrade in the future without having to buy and run power wire all over again.

I just sold my SA-12's, had them in several boxes. I did iirc, 4ft3@33 on Credcendo 2000, those subs are made so well its stupid, I had then in 3ft3@43, a 4th order@28. Those play well no matter what. I personally would tune low, my opinion. 3.5ft3@33ish, might wanna go 4ft3 if only running 1200 watts, once you get the 2200 I'd go 3.5ft3

Agreed 100%

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f