Second Skin Audio

What 15 should I get?

Pasta Prime

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which One should I get

• Sundown SA-15D2
    • Skar VVX-15D2

So I have 3 JL 10's in my Expedition and its just not enough and they aren't enough speaker for me and the bass isn't low enough.....you know all the same problems.

So..........

I have decided to run a single 15 but I am having trouble deciding which one to get. I have it narrowed down to the Skar or The Sundown.

I have a HiFonics HFi3000D I will be powering the lucky winner with.

Also if you have any opinion on box size or what ever I'm all ears.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Port the three 10's since isnt 3 10's more cone area than 1 15?

So the three 10 should be louder off same power and right box.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

so you think 1 15 is going to be louder than 3 10s?

what? just build a better box for the 10's

p.s. JL'S are not bad by any means, they just take heat because of the price

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

It's like a vs thread in incognito.

That amp is too much for those subs, thats 5x rated power.. assuming the amp is putting out rated. You'd have to wire at 4 ohms

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

So I have 3 JL 10's in my Expedition and its just not enough and they aren't enough speaker for me and the bass isn't low enough.....you know all the same problems.

So..........

I have decided to run a single 15 but I am having trouble deciding which one to get. I have it narrowed down to the Skar or The Sundown.

I have a HiFonics HFi3000D I will be powering the lucky winner with.

Also if you have any opinion on box size or what ever I'm all ears.

What box do you have for the 10"s and if it's ported or sealed?, a 3.6 cuft ported box tuned to 30Hz can get those subs low and clean (either if those are w1s or w3).

The 15" subs you mention can get low as well but the 3 sub you have now will sound cleaner.

This thread will get locked most likely, post a build thread with your choice and me and others will help with the box design.

Sundown.

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

The 3 10's are old W/0's and are in a ported box and yes I'm running a lot more than rated power to them. I just want a single 15 I just haven't decided which one to get. I have some ideas on the box and once I get it drawn up in sketch up I'll post it. For now here is the box for the 10's.

I do think the one 15 will hit a lot lower than what I have.

Why would this thread get closed anyways cause its like a Vs. thread? That isn't what I intended. I really want to hear your opinion on either of the two. I am getting one just haven't made up my mind which since they are, on paper, close to the same.

three10s.JPG

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

The 3 10's are old W/0's and are in a ported box and yes I'm running a lot more than rated power to them. I just want a single 15 I just haven't decided which one to get. I have some ideas on the box and once I get it drawn up in sketch up I'll post it. For now here is the box for the 10's.

I do think the one 15 will hit a lot lower than what I have.

Why would this thread get closed anyways cause its like a Vs. thread? That isn't what I intended. I really want to hear your opinion on either of the two. I am getting one just haven't made up my mind which since they are, on paper, close to the same.

three10s.JPG

that box might cause loading/timing problems.

Archived