secondary batt question

If you have a 12 up front and a 14 in the back you need two different charging systems they can not be linked together a 14 volt batt needs to charge at around 16.8 volts and 12 volt battery will hate you and not last log at all if you send that many volts to it.

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

so if i bought a batt for the font and just tried to get big as possible ( 2800rms build 200a alt) cause i have room for a bigger batt

should i get a 12v

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

They can share a common ground, but they will have to be charged with a stepdown or seperate alternators as they cannot share a common positive. 12 volt battery should be charged at less than 15 volts (14.4 preferably) and a 14 volt battery should be charged at less than 17 volts (16.8 preferably.)

If you aren't running tens of thousands of watts, then just stay with a 12 volt system. Way too many headaches otherwise.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

does it matter if u have a 12volt up front and a 14v in back??

Yep it matters, but it's been answered already as to why. But also, if you get batteries that are different type, gel/agm/sla, and that have different ah ratings, that can be an issue too. Cause different types and different capacities charge and discharge at different rates.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f