Second Skin Audio

my first real sound deadening purchase, advice?

Hello all smd'ers. I would like to have a nice build going this year and use better products and no short cuts. In the past i have used mainly only peel and seal, due to its price, and tripple layer my roof and some floorboard.. a good while later i decided to wrap my headliner in suede and when i removed it the peel and seal was just falling apart, we tend to see 110* temperature peak here. I would like to make a smarter purchase than just what is cheap and availible in my budget. I have offically blown 2 door speakers and plan on redoing the doors first, and would like to only do in once and have it done with. So i am sceptical about t holding up on the doors now, but would like to seek advice for what is the best method and product combo to use.. here s some of my knowledge so far..

*if you want it done right, ss is the lambo of deadener.

*alpha damp is best for straighter applications since its so thick.

*you dont need full coverage on panels but the more the better i assume.

I would like to do a sound deadner, noise barrier, and maybe try a tweaker pad in each door.. just not sure if that is a right combination. Help appreciataed, thank you. ohh and the vehicle is a 2008 trailblazer ss.

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

I would PM Jon from SS he was a huge help to me and almost immediately told me what I needed to do to get the best sound out of my car. Best part is he broke down why I needed each product he quoted me for, how much to apply and where it needed to go. I am going to be running SS simply because of customer service like that, it seems uncommon nowadays to get a rep that gives a damn about your car and isn't just trying to sell you the most expensive stuff.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Thanks for the kind words guys, mucho appreciated!

POPLERO, what areas are you planning on treating? All four doors and the roof? Any other areas?

Are you aiming to achieve higher SPL, SQ, or a combination?

A popular "package" for the Trailblazer crowd is a Shop Pack of Damplifier Pro and four sheets of Luxury Liner Pro. Gives you a ton of material to work with and some really amazing results.

Apply the Damp Pro on the doors, roof, hatch, floor, etc. Then go over the floor with the Luxury Liner Pro.

If you're more SQ oriented, you may want to scale back the Damp Pro a bit and go with more Luxury Liner Pro and get it installed inside the doors to create a quieter listening environment. The quieter the interior and the more you can block out the ambient environment, the better SQ.

So there are some good options, just depends on what you would like to achieve.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I do plan on doing most everything but will tackle it one section at a time... since I am re-doing my doors first, they are my priority. So damp pro and llp? Why not alpha damp? Which is better? Since llp would be used, dose that eleminate the purpose of a tweaker foam pad?

Sorry for all the questions, I would just like to build my own knowledge on the ss products since I would rather use the best possible and get it done once, and done right.

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

Either Damp Pro OR Alpha Damp would work, the only reason I'm suggesting Damp Pro is because of cost (it's cheaper) and because it's easier to work with.

Alpha's ultra thick foil can make it more difficult to install on surfaces that aren't super flat. That's why most people opt to install it on roofs, truck rear walls, floors, and other really flat surfaces.

If you are to use LLP inside the door, there really isn't a need for the Speaker Tweakers (they are rubber and not foam BTW ;)). I would also suggest looking at some OverKill to install between the trim and sheet metal to kill and rattles or squeaks too. It's cheap and effective.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

One thing is for sure, you cannot go wrong with Second Skin. And Jon is an excellent source for information and help when planning your deadener purchase!

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Got it boss. but damn just forgot their was a superbowl sale.. smdh. Will their be a sale soon again? Just curious if I should wait but I rather pay full to get this sooner, because all these reviews are damn amazing! Second Skin FTMFW!

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt