good HID brand recommendations? Update: Burban HIDS EXPLODED!!!!!! pics pg;5-6

musta got a bad error code thing, I have had 4 sets of them myself, and my friend has 3 sets, all no issues, working great, the first set isnt in use, but would work, had em a year now, and the first set is like 3 years old :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

this thread used to be fpr my 90' Benz 560SEL! but i just recently bought them for my 96 Burban and now ive had it with DDM Tuning!!! hate them!! they never send u instructions! they sent me 2 separate packages for "faster shipping" and took them for ever as usual! and the packaging was horrible with a broken piece of styrafoam in it and a bunch of little pieces of bubble wrap. in a crushed damaged box! after all of this i got to installing! which was a pain in the ass cuz obviously NO INSTRUCTIONS! so i did the obvious of connecting OEM connector to the Error Eliminator box, then to the Ballast and then to the bulb. i wired it all up and got installed in the car. i turned it on, and no light so i go up to it and start knocking on the lenz to c if it was just connection and them BANG!!! an explosion!! just like a gun shot!! leaving me temporary deaf. and binch of smoke! i tell my friend Justin bout what just happened. and out of no where he appeared! we start lookin at what just happened! to find out the DAMN ERROR ELIMINATOR EXPLODED THE EFFFFF UP!!! no idea y. tried the bulb without the eliminator and still didnt work. so i demand a refund from DDM TUNING and still awaiting reply!

NEVER GET DDM TUNING!!!!!

what brand should i get now that i am never gettting them AGAIN!!! please help!!!

will have pics in the last page check out the splosion damage!

I'm not trying to be a dick but,

I've had 55w 12000k DDM Tuning kits for 2 YEARS now and haven't had one problem.

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

SO WHAT?

Obviously he had a problem with his.... "am trying to be a dick"?, he is just warning people.

I have all Morimoto equipment from TRS and love it all, I would not consider anything less for my main headlights. OEM or Morimoto, either way The Retrofit Source sells it!

• 4 weeks later...

So is ddmtuning good or bad? I have read mixed things in here. It's understood that shipping is long and the prices can't be beat. Also I plan on getting 8k. Some say that is ridiculous, but is it really that blue? It seems that is has a tint of blue but I have never owned HID's before. Also has anyone purchased the Spyder halo projector headlights? I was going to get them to put 8k HID's in eventually unlesss there is a better option.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

It's good and bad...cuz with DDM I noticed that u have to know what Ur getting. And u have to know what Ur car needs. Cuz basically u build Ur own bundle/kit. Cuz I got the raptor balasts 55W with 4500K bulbs with error code eliminators. And u have to make sure Ur getting the right stuff. On their site there is this link that shows u what type of bulb Ur vehicle has. I looked on there I chose the wrong type of headlight that I have, so I ordered the incorrect bulbs, and no where on the site does it tell what type of cars need error code eliminators and which don't. I didn't know. I bought a kit for my Mercedes not including the error code eliminators and I noticed that it says that I have blown bulb but I don't. So I didn't want that to happen to my suburban so I got them. I plugged it all in and since my car doesn't take the error code eliminators the wiring for it is reverse polarity therefore causing the explosion! So I complained they r giving me refund for code eliminators and they sending me the correct bulbs for my truck. Customer service Is a pain in the ass though cuz I had to call them 3 times to work Out a new deal every time cuz they kept changing their minds. At the end we got a deal and I'm getting new bulbs. They are on their way now. I will post up the progress of them when I install them. Hopefully all works well! Can't wait! :D

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Ok cool, so if we don't need the error eliminator then don't get it? But I'll probably be buying from ddm since they are cheap. Later down the road I will get a retrofit kit or projector headlights. The bulb I need is 9007 bi-Xeon. Was going to get that in 8k. Hopefully it's not too blue, I just want a little bit of blue but mainly white. But thanks for the info about ddm

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I've done a lot more research since my last post, but that's how it always works right? :D

Anyways I've found out more about DDM here's the link: http://www.retro-solutions.com/DDMtruth.jpg

Not bashing them, I would still buy lights off them because they are cheap and still somewhat accurate, but it's still sort of shady with the colors. I found this link on some dodge forum. Apparently some former employee snagged the info. Well anyways it would be interesting to see if any of those codes were true about anyone who purchased DDM.

Anyways I am going to go ahead and try retro-solutions once they reply about sizing for some projectors. I might aswell do it right the first time. (projectors)

• 2 weeks later...

It's good and bad...cuz with DDM I noticed that u have to know what Ur getting. And u have to know what Ur car needs. Cuz basically u build Ur own bundle/kit. Cuz I got the raptor balasts 55W with 4500K bulbs with error code eliminators. And u have to make sure Ur getting the right stuff. On their site there is this link that shows u what type of bulb Ur vehicle has. I looked on there I chose the wrong type of headlight that I have, so I ordered the incorrect bulbs, and no where on the site does it tell what type of cars need error code eliminators and which don't. I didn't know. I bought a kit for my Mercedes not including the error code eliminators and I noticed that it says that I have blown bulb but I don't. So I didn't want that to happen to my suburban so I got them. I plugged it all in and since my car doesn't take the error code eliminators the wiring for it is reverse polarity therefore causing the explosion! So I complained they r giving me refund for code eliminators and they sending me the correct bulbs for my truck. Customer service Is a pain in the ass though cuz I had to call them 3 times to work Out a new deal every time cuz they kept changing their minds. At the end we got a deal and I'm getting new bulbs. They are on their way now. I will post up the progress of them when I install them. Hopefully all works well! Can't wait! :D

I have a 1997 Suburban that I am putting HID's in new housings and I was wondering what bulb number our lights are. I am buying my kit from TRS keep in mind.

Building an Empire.

I have a 1997 Suburban that I am putting HID's in new housings and I was wondering what bulb number our lights are. I am buying my kit from TRS keep in mind.

It's 9004

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Archived