caps to stop headlight dimming?

no no no, not the big car audio caps. dont yell at me.

my electrical is solid and i only have about .5v drop from 15v. I still have head lighs dimming on me though. i think its just that my car is getting robbed of power, its been a problem before and I had to upgrade the stock + wire to my fuse box to 1/0. so I'm thinking about adding little through hole caps to the headlights. im wondering if anyone had heard of this, done it, or has any idea how large of a cap i would need to get to make a difference. they dont dim very badly, just noticably.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Did you add big 3 grounds skittles?..id try multiple grounds from different locations up front .try to ground from alternator mounting bolts to battery...I use to dim bad a long time ago I don't dim anymore cause I addeed multiple runs and about 10 grounds front an back

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I had the same problem, once I installed HID's with a relay kit the problem went away.

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

Did you add big 3 grounds skittles?..id try multiple grounds from different locations up front .try to ground from alternator mounting bolts to battery...I use to dim bad a long time ago I don't dim anymore cause I addeed multiple runs and about 10 grounds front an back

i have one from the alt mounting bolt to the chassis. that same chassis ground bolt has another lead to the battery.

I had the same problem, once I installed HID's with a rely kit the problem went away.

ive thought about HIDs as well. wasnt 100% sure that solved the problem but i thought i heard that was the case

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Regular headlights don't have any kind of regulated power supply so any change in voltage changes the output (IIRC), I THINK HIDs do.

What you are probably seeing is not a result of a lack of charging system, but probably there is a very short (tenths of seconds maybe) amount of time where the electrical is playing catch up to your amps demands. This is where caps can come in handy!

If your lights are dimming then coming right back up, that is likely the situation. If they stay dimmed then maybe not.

*I fully reserve the right to be dead wrong about anything I just wrote!

:drink40:

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

did you write that? lol i swear i read that word for word from bcae1.com or something.

Mine did the same thing, I grounded off my alternator (FINALLY) lol, and it went away (My voltage drop decreased so much...now it only drops .1 volts when my lights are on...I don't know why I held it off for so long......but the dimming came back, I was like "WTF" so I said fk it and finally installed my kensun 12k lights... ( and DAMN do those lights get bright )...I was holding it off til I got the relay kit, was gonna buy from amazon but I got my tax returns so I went ahead and bought it from an audio store. hooked em up and BAM, dim went away =DDDD Me so happy. lol. Thus I got pulled over a few hours later for "refusing to turn my brights off" and then I had a 15min argument with the cop saying they weren't my brights when I became smart and showed him my brights...he then left, pissed. haha

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Archived