Sonic Electronix

BTL and AQ2200d protect light comes on after 2 mins of loud playing!

I have a 15" BTL N2 and an audioque 2200d, My sub has been playing for 3 weeks with no problems but now after about 5 mins of playing the system loud, the system shuts off and the protect light comes on my amp. After I shut off the car and turn it back on, it plays again.. I got it done at a so called car audio shop and don't exactly know how to tune it to try to fix... Questions about the amp, the LPF (low pass filter) goes from 20 to 200hz and it was set to about 90, seems like when I turn up the LPF though, the sub gets much louder. Can it be turned up to make it louder? What about the subsonic, it goes from 20 to 50 and I'm guessing it should be tuned about the same as my box (33hz) am I right here? Bass boost is all the way up at 6db. Do not exactly know how to set the gain without the dd1 and o scope, it can be turned up all the way and it is still playing, dont know what is causing the amp to go into protect mode... Before anyone asks I have a kinetik hc 1200 under the hood ran back to a hc2400 in the back to the amp, I also have the big 3 done with all 1/0 guage and a 150 amp stock alt.. Also when I turn the car off, I hear a loud hit from my sub not from the music.. Normal? Any Ideas?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

LPF @ 80, Subsonic 4-5 under box tuning and bass boost off on the amp also make sure if you have a loud function on ur deck its off.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

LPF @ 80, Subsonic 4-5 under box tuning and bass boost off on the amp also make sure if you have a loud function on ur deck its off.

What the hell? its barely loud at all like that? 1st off why cant lpf be up higher where its LOUD?! 2nd why turn loud off in my car? Both of these make it barely loud at all..

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I was pretty sure the gain needed to go down a lil, still confused about the LPF? Why would having it up be bad?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

subwoofers

I was pretty sure the gain needed to go down a lil, still confused about the LPF? Why would having it up be bad?

subwoofers aren't meant to go THAT high but they could.... Having loud/bass boost will make your sub louder but it will also risk damaging it. Gain isn't a volume knob, it will add distortion and cause more harm than good..

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Maybe you have to change he settings off your deck. I keep my lpf around 60 - 80 and its sounds just fine......but my RCA to my sub amp is connected to the subwoofer side of the RCA off the deck.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I just facepalmed in the middle of a grocery store.

Noobs gonna noob.

STFU With you stupid comments! What was the point in even wasting your time posting that?! I am asking for advice/help because the car audio people in my shitbag city don't know what the hell they are doing obviously, they tuned my amp with the gain at max and I know thats not right. How are people supposed to learn and get any help at all with useless comments like this?! GOLD MEMBER?? Wtf do you have to do to be a gold member? Just talk a bunch of shit about people asking for advice? How about trying to be helpful like the other comments instead of wasting everyones time... By the way if your checking the forums while your in the middle of the grocery store, maybe you dont have any life at all, feel a little sorry for you now...

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

Archived