Sonic Electronix

BTL and AQ2200d protect light comes on after 2 mins of loud playing!

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

what volume level on your h/u do you listen to your music?
[quote name=MrSkippyJ'

timestamp='1328649010' post='1881104] what volume level on your h/u do you listen to your music?

All depends, whern I Just get up on my way to work its about 10, on my way home its like 15, start the night off on the weekend goes to like 20, by the end of the night its usually at about 30 lol... 40 is max.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

stop getting butt hurt. read what i wrote right above. and you just made me laugh trying to make fun of sani btw

:lol: I remember seeing something like this awhile back.

To the OP .. reset your entire system using information given to you here on SMD. Try to be conservative with the bass boost IF YOU MUST use it. You should try to find someone in your area with a DD-1.

[quote name=MrSkippyJ'

timestamp='1328649010' post='1881104] what volume level on your h/u do you listen to your music?

All depends, whern I Just get up on my way to work its about 10, on my way home its like 15, start the night off on the weekend goes to like 20, by the end of the night its usually at about 30 lol... 40 is max.

you need to find out the max you can go on your h/u.

Does your h/u have a sub out? what level is that set too?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

[quote name=MrSkippyJ'

you need to find out the max you can go on your h/u.

Does your h/u have a sub out? what level is that set too?

sub out? it has a subwoofer menu which the bass goes from -24 to +6 other than that there is something about normal or reverse. Thats about it really.. On/off

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

do you use that to control your sub? the -24 to +6 adjustment?

kinda yea, I keep it at either 0 or 6 normally.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I just facepalmed in the middle of a grocery store.

Noobs gonna noob.

STFU With you stupid comments! What was the point in even wasting your time posting that?! I am asking for advice/help because the car audio people in my shitbag city don't know what the hell they are doing obviously, they tuned my amp with the gain at max and I know thats not right. How are people supposed to learn and get any help at all with useless comments like this?! GOLD MEMBER?? Wtf do you have to do to be a gold member? Just talk a bunch of shit about people asking for advice? How about trying to be helpful like the other comments instead of wasting everyones time... By the way if your checking the forums while your in the middle of the grocery store, maybe you dont have any life at all, feel a little sorry for you now...

Ok now that i'm not on a phone keyboard and can actually type, i'll respond for real.

1, you're retarded.

2. if you turn the low pass filter up to NINTY and it gets louder, your box is ALL WRONG. NO WAY will a box that's right for that sub give you the upper frequency extension to hear 90 hz.

3. anyone who's been on this forum for more then a day knows that you can turn the subsonic down 5hz or more below box tuning.

4.you want to tune it right, with that aq2200, then do this:

Take your head out of your ass.

turn yoru gain to about 1/4, turn your low pass all the way up (to the right... clockwise), turn your subsonic and bass boost ALL the way down ( to the left, .. counter clock wise), turn headunit up to about 3/4 volume with a FLAT eq setting and no LOUDNESS setting(if you had a DD-1 you could turn the headunit up till it starts to clip then back off till it stops), now play a tone that's 5 hz or so below tuning (if your tuning is even what you think it is, see point 1 2 above) now turn your subsonic up till the amp starts getting quieter, back it off just a hair. next play something in the middle ground. say 45 hz. make sure your remote knob is hooked up and turned all the way COUNTER clock wise (AQ remote knobs are back-asswards) . turn yoru gain up till the red LED light starts to flicker at you, back it off till the flicker just stops. Turn the volume on the headunit down a little now for the next step. next move up to a good range for upper bass, say 65 hz. turn the low pass filter down (counter clockwise..) till it starts getting quieter, somewhere around that range is good, tune for personal taste.

I just facepalmed in the middle of a grocery store.

Noobs gonna noob.

STFU With you stupid comments! What was the point in even wasting your time posting that?! I am asking for advice/help because the car audio people in my shitbag city don't know what the hell they are doing obviously, they tuned my amp with the gain at max and I know thats not right. How are people supposed to learn and get any help at all with useless comments like this?! GOLD MEMBER?? Wtf do you have to do to be a gold member? Just talk a bunch of shit about people asking for advice? How about trying to be helpful like the other comments instead of wasting everyones time... By the way if your checking the forums while your in the middle of the grocery store, maybe you dont have any life at all, feel a little sorry for you now...

Ok now that i'm not on a phone keyboard and can actually type, i'll respond for real.

1, you're retarded.

2. if you turn the low pass filter up to NINTY and it gets louder, your box is ALL WRONG. NO WAY will a box that's right for that sub give you the upper frequency extension to hear 90 hz.

3. anyone who's been on this forum for more then a day knows that you can turn the subsonic down 5hz or more below box tuning.

4.you want to tune it right, with that aq2200, then do this:

Take your head out of your ass.

turn yoru gain to about 1/4, turn your low pass all the way up (to the right... clockwise), turn your subsonic and bass boost ALL the way down ( to the left, .. counter clock wise), turn headunit up to about 3/4 volume with a FLAT eq setting and no LOUDNESS setting(if you had a DD-1 you could turn the headunit up till it starts to clip then back off till it stops), now play a tone that's 5 hz or so below tuning (if your tuning is even what you think it is, see point 1 2 above) now turn your subsonic up till the amp starts getting quieter, back it off just a hair. next play something in the middle ground. say 45 hz. make sure your remote knob is hooked up and turned all the way COUNTER clock wise (AQ remote knobs are back-asswards) . turn yoru gain up till the red LED light starts to flicker at you, back it off till the flicker just stops. Turn the volume on the headunit down a little now for the next step. next move up to a good range for upper bass, say 65 hz. turn the low pass filter down (counter clockwise..) till it starts getting quieter, somewhere around that range is good, tune for personal taste.

Thanks for the info.. I'll try it now.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

Looked under my car after I got everything back working again and I think I found out why it started sounding not as loud.. Blew a huge hole in my spare tire well somehow, maybe the sub is a little louder than I thought lol.... all my sound is leaking!

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

Archived