Need someone who knows a lot about Hertz

JGrady

I have the hertz energy, but sometime soon hopefully I will be upgrading them. I was wondering if it would be better to run active with the spl show sv200(midrange), sv200L(would this be a good mid bass speaker?), and maybe the st44( or maybe use a different tweeter from the mille line) or run passive or possibly active with the ml3pa? The crossover i'll be running with them would be the audiocontrol 6xs and hopefully adding on the eqs. The amp that will be powering them will be a dc 175.4. This is going to be in the future so i'm planning the build as of now and I love the Hertz that I have already. I have heard the mille line but have not heard the spl show line. also with the system properly set up and having clean power will 175 watts per channel be fine to run them on? Any help would be appreciated.

2007 Ford Expy

1x 12w7

1x Slash 1000 v2

1x mephis 4 channel

Hertz ECX 570

Hertz ESK 570

Pioneer P4200DVD

-----------------------

Future Upgrades:

2x 18" FI Audio SP4(Walled)

dc 3.5k

dc 175.4

2 sets of HAT Clarus C61-2 leaning on Hertz though

Multiple XS D3100 batteries

2x mechman alternators

Big 3 upgrade

HID 6000k headlights

Active have the better sound than passive.

Thats what I thought and was leaning on. I read somewhere that the passive crossovers can take a lot of volume out of the speakers. I could be wrong with that though. At least could be true with some brands more than others. But I honestly don't know. I haven't been in the game that long and wanting to learn.

2007 Ford Expy

1x 12w7

1x Slash 1000 v2

1x mephis 4 channel

Hertz ECX 570

Hertz ESK 570

Pioneer P4200DVD

-----------------------

Future Upgrades:

dc 3.5k

dc 175.4

2x mechman alternators

Big 3 upgrade

HID 6000k headlights

Active have the better sound than passive.

Depends Mostly on driver application, installation / location, and product ...

You can not "Just Say" that active is better than passive ... Completely subjective statement ...

Your install / application will depend mostly on trial and error ... every vehicle is different when it comes to speaker installation ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

active only sounds better when properly setup.

as for the SPL show line, totally different application then the Mille line. I personally wouldnt put a mille tweeter with a SPL show like midrange or Midbass at all, they are engineered for 2 totally different applications. The Mille tweet is an awesome driver(i run them) but its not meant to be paired with PA style mids that are going to have a hard time meshing with it.

active only sounds better when properly setup.

as for the SPL show line, totally different application then the Mille line. I personally wouldnt put a mille tweeter with a SPL show like midrange or Midbass at all, they are engineered for 2 totally different applications. The Mille tweet is an awesome driver(i run them) but its not meant to be paired with PA style mids that are going to have a hard time meshing with it.

I can understand that. I do like the mille line. I bet the sq on them are amazing. I've only heard them in video's and that never does any justice because most people don'y have a very good camera. I was really wondering about the spl show line because I really don't know much about them.

2007 Ford Expy

1x 12w7

1x Slash 1000 v2

1x mephis 4 channel

Hertz ECX 570

Hertz ESK 570

Pioneer P4200DVD

-----------------------

Future Upgrades:

dc 3.5k

dc 175.4

2x mechman alternators

Big 3 upgrade

HID 6000k headlights

I've just got 40 watts on each of my ml280s and they scream at full volume and are clear and natural as can be. But I'd probably look into a JL or alpine amp to run them instead of the 175. I've only heard the spl show tweeter and none of the other from the line and it's definitely loud and clear but it's more of just a spl tweeter. Yeah it sounds better then most average tweeters but I wouldn't want it to listen to in a daily driver with a lot of variety of music being played at different volumes. Find a dealer and go have a listen to the Milles

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I've just got 40 watts on each of my ml280s and they scream at full volume and are clear and natural as can be. But I'd probably look into a JL or alpine amp to run them instead of the 175. I've only heard the spl show tweeter and none of the other from the line and it's definitely loud and clear but it's more of just a spl tweeter. Yeah it sounds better then most average tweeters but I wouldn't want it to listen to in a daily driver with a lot of variety of music being played at different volumes. Find a dealer and go have a listen to the Milles

I am planning on running the tweets on another amp. I'll be running the mid range and mid bass on the 175. I'm probably looking at bulding a component set with the mille and high energy since this will be for a daily set-up and don't plan on competing as of right now. I know of some dealers but i'm waiting to find the time to go back up to Indianapolis to talk to someone and preview them.

2007 Ford Expy

1x 12w7

1x Slash 1000 v2

1x mephis 4 channel

Hertz ECX 570

Hertz ESK 570

Pioneer P4200DVD

-----------------------

Future Upgrades:

dc 3.5k

dc 175.4