Second Skin Audio

What did i do to my subs?

so you can buy 2 sundown 3000s 2 mayhems all this other equipment batteries 2 alts and you cant get a dd1 or an o scope?

Soooo you don't have to be a douche for 1. Secondly I haven't gotten around to buying a dd-1 yet, or my H/o alts, head unit, good 4 channel, mids and highs, rest of batteries, wire, suspension,wheels, etc. I'm still in the middle of my build, basics are done now i'm upgrading. Amps are turned 3/4 of the way up. and all levels on head unit are 0 or below to prevent clipping the best I could.

A dd-1 is something I would use once and then it would sit in the shed for a long time. Kind of a waste of money since I don't do anyone elses builds. So it is not high on my priority list.

Edited by varietyguy

so you can buy 2 sundown 3000s 2 mayhems all this other equipment batteries 2 alts and you cant get a dd1 or an o scope?

Soooo you don't have to be a douche for 1. Secondly I haven't gotten around to buying a dd-1 yet, or my H/o alts, head unit, good 4 channel, mids and highs, rest of batteries, wire, suspension,wheels, etc. I'm still in the middle of my build, basics are done now i'm upgrading. Amps are turned 3/4 of the way up. and all levels on head unit are 0 or below to prevent clipping the best I could.

not being a douche good sir i was just saying you have good equipment the dd1 or o scope should be first priority so you dont damage the equipment. also amps 3/4 way up means nothing you can be clipping or you may not be getting full output but since you have gotten coil smell you are most probably clipping and .5 ohm on two saz3000 draws alot of current so maybe you also have voltage drop which leads to clipping also.

:facepalm:

he's not being a douche, he's pointing out what i think to be is a huge flaw in logic.

you've spent thousands on equipment but haven't invested $150 in making sure it all works properly?

maybe i just don't understand here. are recones cheaper than a DD-1?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

A dd-1 is something I would use once and then it would sit in the shed for a long time. Kind of a waste of money since I don't do anyone elses builds. So it is not high on my priority list.

you're running >6000w worth of amps at a half ohm with stock alts. even if you have two alts, i cant imagine how bad the voltage drop is. that, and having the gains that high are more than likely your main problems.

There is a topic to where you can see who has one near you. Regardless if you only use something once, what would you rather do? Spend 140 for a dd-1 or new subs over and over? I bet one sub costs more than the dd-1?!?!?!

Basics aren't buying 6k watts and subs, a few batteries then asking why you smell coil. There are no basics at that point of the game. 4-channel, mids highs, deck are more of 'basics'

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown