Sonic Electronix

so i have 2 Saz-4500D and 2 AA mayhems 2ohms. was wondering should i wire them .5 ohms to run with 1 amp or wire them to 2ohms and strap both amps?

i know the subs are rated at 2500 each and will be throwing about 10k at them, should i do it or not? the box they are in is at 12.3 cubes (a little over 6 per sub)

i have the DD-1 and CC-1 and was thinking if i run the 2 amps i can use track 3 so i wont feed them too much power. what would you do and how would you do it?

I would try both. But I head that unstrapped is more loud and clean. But if you strap, you only need one bass knob. Decisions, decisions...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Me personally would run both amps, simply because a bass knob is my friend... and i'm kinda dumb. If you have em, do it.

I would try both. But I head that unstrapped is more loud and clean. But if you strap, you only need one bass knob. Decisions, decisions...

Every setup is different, someone you heard of is going to have a totally different setup than anyone else. Take info like that with a grain of salt.

Edited by EclipseChris

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

what size are the subs?

18's

that's the reason i would strap them, to only use 1 knob

and by the way i have heard that its better to strap since you run amps at 2 ohms making easy on your electrical

Well, if they are d2, why don't you just run one amp per sub and don't strap? That would bring it to 1 ohm before rise. I thought I read that ray (dc98hoe) is running 4400 clamped and skittles was putting a 12k to his. I also read that running them not clamped will results in being louder.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

having a big box and more than rated power it could be bad news so i would be real careful with it, at first until i know for sure it can take it depending on your rise you should be ok

yes thats why i was thinking of making the box smaller like 4.5 cubes per sub

Well, if they are d2, why don't you just run one amp per sub and don't strap? That would bring it to 1 ohm before rise. I thought I read that ray (dc98hoe) is running 4400 clamped and skittles was putting a 12k to his. I also read that running them not clamped will results in being louder.

yeah thats stuff i would like to know. i dont care if o blow the subs i can always recone and maybe add more subs, still wouldnt stop me from playing safe

If your worried about the bass knob you could always run a PAC LC1. I agree on not strapping them too.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!