I'm definitely going to be installing an alarm/remote start in my truck that I'm getting (2001 Silverado z71) . I've been looking at the Viper Security w/ Remote Start alarms, specifically the 5704 (IIRC, one of our Captain's has that installed on his 2011 F350 work truck), and he loves it. Are there any better two-way alarm/remote start systems for a less price? Also, how hard would it be to tap the alarm activation to go to, say, a train horn kit? Yes, I'm slightly crazy... :lol: Thanks!

POTATO!

Okay, bump then..o.o Question, how about Python alarms? Are they any god, or something like the Dual of security/remote starts? There's a local shop that does Python as a dealer/installer, but I may be better off doing a Viper by myself if it's better...

POTATO!

Why would you want a cheap alarm ? It is protecting your hard earned work, and equipment. Sorry not trying to come off as a co*ky ass just wondering, unless you meant a good alarm with out selling a kidney to get it.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I'm definitely going to be installing an alarm/remote start in my truck that I'm getting (2001 Silverado z71) . I've been looking at the Viper Security w/ Remote Start alarms, specifically the 5704 (IIRC, one of our Captain's has that installed on his 2011 F350 work truck), and he loves it. Are there any better two-way alarm/remote start systems for a less price? Also, how hard would it be to tap the alarm activation to go to, say, a train horn kit? Yes, I'm slightly crazy... :lol: Thanks!

I once wondered the same thing back when I had my train horn installed! Would be hilarious and I'm pretty sure anybody trying to break into your vehicle would have to run a mile or two just to get away :lol2:

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

cheap and best arent usually found in the same sentence man.... how bout giving us your budget and then maybe people can suggest a good option for you, if you really think you need an alarm, it would be to protect you investment.... so why cheap out?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

cheap and best arent usually found in the same sentence man.... how bout giving us your budget and then maybe people can suggest a good option for you, if you really think you need an alarm, it would be to protect you investment.... so why cheap out?

X2

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd