DC Sound Lab

It is my understanding that if u wire an amp below its printed stable load rating, extra stress is put on the amp, your electrical and subs. Not only voiding any warranty but you thinkibg you should have listened to cj. He knows his stuff and if u don't wanna listen, be my guest, but if u blow it at .5 and expect rusty to warranty it because a rep said it wae stable, I have property on mars ill sell you dirty cheap.

How much? I have been looking into real estate investments.

Nominal= what you wire your subs to before you put a signal to them--ex: 1 Dual 1 ohm sub wired down to .5 ohm.

Reactive= actual ohm load seen at the amp while a signal is being put to the subs. This will change based on the frequency being played. The only way to find out what it is, is to clamp the amp.

Can you wire to .5 ohm Nominal? Yes. Is the 2k .5 ohm stable, No. Amps that are .5 ohm stable, can be played with a reactive ohm load of .5 ohm.

well i have been told otherwize like i said, they are .5 ohm stable. im going to wire the sub to .5 ohms.

Nominal= what you wire your subs to before you put a signal to them--ex: 1 Dual 1 ohm sub wired down to .5 ohm.

Reactive= actual ohm load seen at the amp while a signal is being put to the subs. This will change based on the frequency being played. The only way to find out what it is, is to clamp the amp.

Can you wire to .5 ohm Nominal? Yes. Is the 2k .5 ohm stable, No. Amps that are .5 ohm stable, can be played with a reactive ohm load of .5 ohm.

well i have been told otherwize like i said, they are .5 ohm stable. im going to wire the sub to .5 ohms.

Listen to who you want, I am telling you that the amp is NOT .5 ohm stable and running it at .5 ohm will VOID your warranty.

If you have to ask the question, then I highly recommend that you DO NOT do it.

If you doubt what I am saying, I am a DC Rep and know these products very well. I have the experience and knowledge to do what you are wanting to do, but that does not mean that I can recommend that anyone else do the same. When I wire my amps lower than recommended, I am doing so at my own risk.

You would have to be pretty dumb to not believe an actual DC sales rep...

actually, just wire it to .5ohms... the 2k would make a pretty coffee table.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Listen to who you want, I am telling you that the amp is NOT .5 ohm stable and running it at .5 ohm will VOID your warranty.

If you doubt what I am saying, I am a DC Rep and know these products very well. I have the experience and knowledge to do what you are wanting to do, but that does not mean that I can recommend that anyone else do the same. When I wire my amps lower than recommended, I am doing so at my own risk.

yes i know it will void the warrenty. i know what i am doing when it comes to installing and settin amps. and will run it at my own risk. go to the dc page on facebook iv had plenty of people say it is .5 stable along with multiple people on another audio forum that i am on all the time. i have the experience and knowledge to do what i am wanting to do, i have the electrical to back it up. the only question i asked is what kind of power it would put out at .5, not if i could. the big man himself says they are so ill take his word over anybodys!

Edited by zigzag420

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD.

pioneer 80prs

B2 ES6.1I....................................Other Sub Stage:

B2 Zero1, B2 Quattro.......................B2 Quota

Tantric HDD 12's..............................B2 AS 12"

6^3 33 hz......................................4th Order BP 40hz

50,000 acres at $.09 an acre, all mountainous though, flat land is $.10 an acre, couldn't swing that.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Why wire down though? I never understand this logic. If you need 2,500 watts, get a 2,500 watt amp. Want 4,000? Get a 4,000. Although an audible difference from 2,000 watts to 2,500 may not even be there.

cuz why spend more money if you can just wire down! i already have the 2k and wouldnt mind upgrading to a different sub.

because you're going to blow it up.

yes i know it will void the warrenty. i know what i am doing when it comes to installing and settin amps. and will run it at my own risk. go to the dc page on facebook iv had plenty of people say it is .5 stable along with multiple people on another audio forum that i am on all the time. i have the experience and knowledge to do what i am wanting to do, i have the electrical to back it up. the only question i asked is what kind of power it would put out at .5, not if i could.

So since you're so certain whats your order number so when you try to get it repaired you can get it sent back burnt up.

Since you're so confident. lets see some pics of your work and pics of your electrical to support 450-500 amps of current draw.

Ive found that people that say shit like this are nothing more than a hack.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yes i know it will void the warrenty. i know what i am doing when it comes to installing and settin amps. and will run it at my own risk. go to the dc page on facebook iv had plenty of people say it is .5 stable along with multiple people on another audio forum that i am on all the time. i have the experience and knowledge to do what i am wanting to do, i have the electrical to back it up. the only question i asked is what kind of power it would put out at .5, not if i could. the big man himself says they are so ill take his word over anybodys!

You completely missed the point of what I said in my earlier post. The 2k will put out 2000w at 1 ohm reactive and 12.6v. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE .5 OHM REACTIVE! At .5 ohm reactive, the amp WILL PROTECT!

The whole point behind wiring below 1 ohm is to help fight impedance rise. Now if you have to ask me what impedance rise is, then no you dont have the knowledge and experience to run this or any amp below 1 ohm nominal.

CJ relax this guy has it all figured out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Why wire down though? I never understand this logic. If you need 2,500 watts, get a 2,500 watt amp. Want 4,000? Get a 4,000. Although an audible difference from 2,000 watts to 2,500 may not even be there.

cuz why spend more money if you can just wire down! i already have the 2k and wouldnt mind upgrading to a different sub.

because you're going to blow it up.

yes i know it will void the warrenty. i know what i am doing when it comes to installing and settin amps. and will run it at my own risk. go to the dc page on facebook iv had plenty of people say it is .5 stable along with multiple people on another audio forum that i am on all the time. i have the experience and knowledge to do what i am wanting to do, i have the electrical to back it up. the only question i asked is what kind of power it would put out at .5, not if i could.

So since you're so certain whats your order number so when you try to get it repaired you can get it sent back burnt up.

Since you're so confident. lets see some pics of your work and pics of your electrical to support 450-500 amps of current draw.

Ive found that people that say shit like this are nothing more than a hack.

i am currently switching my system over to my new vehicle i just bought a month ago, so rght now nothing is hooked up but it was run at 1 ohm before and still will be. im thinking about running .5 if i upgrade. my electrical system was a 220 amp alt 2 runs of 2/0 welding cable upgraded bat up front and a group 31 in the back both agm. volt meter up front. and if i dropped it to .5 i would be upgrade another bat and probably another 2 runs of of wire.

pioneer 80prs

CJ relax this guy has it all figured out.

Yep. What would I know though? The only DC amp I have not run is the 9k. I have a 2k sitting on the shelf in my shop right now that was in my car running at .5 ohm, but I know nothing at all. I have a 1.2k running at .5 ohm on a pair of 8s in my Explorer and my 12k is running at .5ohm bridged in my truck right now, but im a noob so its ok.

You completely missed the point of what I said in my earlier post. The 2k will put out 2000w at 1 ohm reactive and 12.6v. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE .5 OHM REACTIVE! At .5 ohm reactive, the amp WILL PROTECT!

The whole point behind wiring below 1 ohm is to help fight impedance rise. Now if you have to ask me what impedance rise is, then no you dont have the knowledge and experience to run this or any amp below 1 ohm nominal.

i know very well what imp rise/box rise is. ya obviously im not going to wire to .25. i am asking what kind of power i can see wired at .5 i have heard at 1 ohm the 2k has pushed as much as 2600 rms. so if i wire at .5 what kind of power can i xpect to see. you must have missed where i said sub would be wired at .5.

Edited by zigzag420

pioneer 80prs