Sundown Audio

NS1 at higher ohm loads for smaller subs

I do understand that, but if you are going to do it, do it right. Electrical first and then big ass amp. Dont be the guy that wants to run a 7500w+ amp on stock alt and a couple of walmart batteries.

I completely agree, i'm planning for 2 XS D3400 and a mech alt

:lol2:

at 4ohm thats more than enough

I do understand that, but if you are going to do it, do it right. Electrical first and then big ass amp. Dont be the guy that wants to run a 7500w+ amp on stock alt and a couple of walmart batteries.

I completely agree, i'm planning for 2 XS D3400 and a mech alt

Your gonna want more than that, thats a lotta draw for over 7k rms,

Edit. realised he said at 4 ohms... nvm.

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

well that would be enough battery for its four ohm rating.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I would run NS-1 on nightshade v3 @ 1 ohm

But like CJ said, electrical first

you really think the v.3 could take 7K RMS?... somehow.. that feels like a bad idea

SA 15 took over 6k on few burps

nightshade will take it, I assume, if you put in in the right now and have a great electrical support.....not 2 d3400

But 7kw for daily..(personally I wouldn't do it) and the 2 D34s are if i run 4ohm, if I wire for 2, its going to be 4 d34s (maybe 2 alts) and if..for some reason I ever.. EVER drop to 1ohm.. 8 D34s, and at least 3 200+ amp mech alts.. The NS1 prototype pulled 600 AMPS at 1ohm. While it is the most efficient amp I have ever seen. It can pull a crap load of amperage.......My wallet hopes I never go to 1ohm.... or .5 (sweet jeebus)

Edited by timma100

you really think the v.3 could take 7K RMS?... somehow.. that feels like a bad idea

nightshade will take it, I assume, if you put in in the right now and have a great electrical support.....not 2 d3400

But 7kw for daily..(personally I wouldn't do it) and the 2 D34s are if i run 4ohm, if I wire for 2, its going to be 4 d34s (maybe 2 alts) and if..for some reason I ever.. EVER drop to 1ohm.. 8 D34s, and at least 3 200+ amp mech alts.. The NS1 prototype pulled 600 AMPS at 1ohm. While it is the most efficient amp I have ever seen. It can pull a crap load of amperage

Then what's the point of getting NS-1?

Edited by LoudBimmer

But 7kw for daily..(personally I wouldn't do it) and the 2 D34s are if i run 4ohm, if I wire for 2, its going to be 4 d34s (maybe 2 alts) and if..for some reason I ever.. EVER drop to 1ohm.. 8 D34s, and at least 3 200+ amp mech alts.. The NS1 prototype pulled 600 AMPS at 1ohm. While it is the most efficient amp I have ever seen. It can pull a crap load of amperage

Then what's the point of getting NS-1?

Yeah, but I know what i'm getting into if I drop that low

It seems you have already answered your own question

teamsundown3hx11.jpgxs1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2-1.png

2010 Pathfinder

Sundown Audio - SAZ 4500- Zv.3 15"x 2 w/ Nightshade coils

Sundown Audio - SAX 100.4d- Focal Utopias 165w2 (fronts), rockford t1652 (rears)

DC Power Engineering - 270XP

Knukonceptz and Rockford 1/0 wire through out

XS Power D3100s x2 and a "god ol" Optima Yellow Top up front

My 2¢ should you care to listen...

You absolutely could do what you are saying and it would work perfect. But my opinions is that you should get a smaller amp - which would be cheaper and use the money you saved to use for other things.

And from experience: overamping things is kind of nice, but severely overamping things is just a waste of money and one slip means that you just busted something.