What Speaker Wire You Use?

Well recently i have been getting some static out of my speakers and i am decideing to re-wire all the speakers and replace rca's. just curious on speaker wire cuz right now i have either 18ga or 20ga wire on the speakers. would having a thinner wire like that create the static if im putting more watts through them than what i s exceptable? since im on the subject of speaker wires does it matter the brand or what are some good choices i have for the speaker wire?

Edited by KenC210

that wouldn't cause your static unless it is crimped or cut at some point or loose connection. static comes from source unit rca could be problem. if your speakers are amped i woulndt do less than 16 gauge wire. some guys on here and everywhere use 16 gauge. some use 14 gauge. depends on length of run and power going through run. if your looking for good cheap wire, knuconceptz is awesome wire for the price and you can buy in quantity you need. Rockford Fosgate has good wire as well. I run a mixture of the 2.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

that wouldn't cause your static unless it is crimped or cut at some point or loose connection. static comes from source unit rca could be problem. if your speakers are amped i woulndt do less than 16 gauge wire. some guys on here and everywhere use 16 gauge. some use 14 gauge. depends on length of run and power going through run. if your looking for good cheap wire, knuconceptz is awesome wire for the price and you can buy in quantity you need. Rockford Fosgate has good wire as well. I run a mixture of the 2.

great thank you cuz i change the ohm loads on some speakers and when i changed them i started getting static i pretty much went from 2ohm to 4ohm and seperated some speakers cuz i added another amp in my car and thats when it start after i switched it. so now im pretty sure some speakers may actually see more power than they did before.

i just use regular 14 guage i just buy it buy the roll no special name works fine for me as for your rca problem try wrapping your rca in aluminom foil then see how it works it will work like a shield if you dont have one

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I use 16g Raptor. Cheap shit from autozone LOL

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

12 gauge cord, i like that one side is square and the other is round, makes it easy to tell positive from negitive http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kord%20Speaker%20Wire

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.