DC Sound Lab

dc xl 12" m1 on a dc 5k

Well I kind of see where cj is comming from, that answer that the second poster posted was kind of useless lol.... If I was to post in a thread similar to this I would post of anyone that has done it or to be careful with the knob also design the right box and set the gains so there's no clipping at all ect.

i ran a powerbass xta 4k at 1 ohm on a 12 xl d2 and never had problems after i tuned my setup . i ripped 1 because of no tunning and reconed it then beat the hell out of it and didnt have any problems until i took out my system for a rebuild im working on . my box 5.5 cubes tuned to 31hz 62'squared port in a ext cab s10 with 3 12 xls and 3 pb 4k

2400 to 2600 watts on each one after my crazy rise

Edited by jakobebassbudds

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

Yes you can do it if the box is built properly.

So you're saying if something happens to them you'll pay for them to be reconed?

The guy above was right, if you have to ask you probably shouldn't, I don't understand why you wanna be a smart ass whenever someone replies with a logical answer to the persons question. You don't have to try and "1 up" everybody when honestly you have no buisness telling him "yea do it everything will be fine as long as the box is correct", when in reality there are a few other factors that would play into them being "okay".

Of all the dumbasses here you come and fucking post something. Really you want to question what I said? Go right the fuck ahead. I will put my knowledge and skill up against whatever you can come up with any day.

I mean really you can't even keep your own truck in one piece. The inside looks like a family of fuck hobos lives in there and you want to come tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

Why did I say with the right box that it can easily be done? Because it can. I wouldn't go putting 2500w+ to the Xls in an oversized box, but for running two xl 12s on 1 5k, 1.25net per sub will allow the subs to mechanically handle the power with no problem. With clean power you will be just fine running them on the 5k at .5 or .7 ohms daily.

What makes me qualified to say this? I've done it and had no problems. If I were someone with no experience with the products in question then you could tell me to shut the fuck up and quit posting useless information.

But the last time I checked, you do halfway work and enjoy the smell of a cooking coil.

ok this round is over.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.