So I will be in Oakland on the 26th and I will be there for 2 and 1/2 weeks, my company is opening a new site there and consolidating our LA office. Anyone from the area? What is there to do? Anything I need to know, this would be my first time on the West Coast and I am a little excited to be going. I will also be in Vegas from May 8 - 15th for the AccessData Conference excited about that as well. So Oakland locals tell me what up. :drinks:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Definitely hit up the city. Go to pier 39 and get a clam chowder bowl. Yeah... it sounds stupid, but they are pretty good... And the cold weather that circulates around SF really makes them that much better.

If you have the patience, lombard might be something to do.

448px-Sanfran_61_bg_032605.jpg

h-lombard.jpg

Koit tower overlooks the whole bay.

Alcatraz is pretty cool

Santa Cruz/ Scotts Valley is a nice/ Scenic place to go.

Check out highway 1 if you go to Santa Cruz.

Edited by Blackedout

If you have a car it will make going to Ocean Beach for a sunset, walking the GG Bridge and going to Twin Peaks easier. Otherwise BART to Embarcadero to get to Pier 39, Coit Tower, hit up Broadway for the strip clubs haha. Go to China Town in SF but not at night lol

On top of the East Oakland, don't get lost in West or North Oakland either. Oakland is hood period unless you go the Oakland Hills.

Your from FL, hence the Oakland locals statement. The Bay Area as a whole is hella cities so anybody from the Bay can tell you where to go and what not. If you get a free day talk to Steve and head up north about 1.5hrs and get a demo from him!

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

You definitely need to go to San Francisco and check out the tourist spots like Pier 39 and that funky ass windy road. I forget the name of it off the top of my head. And my best advice is don't get lost in East Oakland. You may not make it out alive.

Not really into the whole tourist spot thing just looking for the fun places to go and have a good time. Maybe some local restaurants with bomb ass food (I Love to Eat). I appreciate the advice though, I didn't grow up in the best of neighborhoods so I can sense where I don't need to be for too long. How is the Oakland subway system I believe we will be using that for some time.

Definitely hit up the city. Go to pier 39 and get a clam chowder bowl. Yeah... it sounds stupid, but they are pretty good... And the cold weather that circulates around SF really makes them that much better.

If you have the patience, lombard might be something to do.

448px-Sanfran_61_bg_032605.jpg

h-lombard.jpg

Koit tower overlooks the whole bay.

Alcatraz is pretty cool

Santa Cruz/ Scotts Valley is a nice/ Scenic place to go.

Check out highway 1 if you go to Santa Cruz.

Thanks for the spots and the pictures and I like clam chowder so I will be sure to make it a point to have a bowl from there. Any other spots with really good food?

Get some medical marijuana

That's not a bad idea...:rofl:

If you have a car it will make going to Ocean Beach for a sunset, walking the GG Bridge and going to Twin Peaks easier. Otherwise BART to Embarcadero to get to Pier 39, Coit Tower, hit up Broadway for the strip clubs haha. Go to China Town in SF but not at night lol

On top of the East Oakland, don't get lost in West or North Oakland either. Oakland is hood period unless you go the Oakland Hills.

Your from FL, hence the Oakland locals statement. The Bay Area as a whole is hella cities so anybody from the Bay can tell you where to go and what not. If you get a free day talk to Steve and head up north about 1.5hrs and get a demo from him!

I am not sure if we will be given a vehicle as of now all I know is the house they are renting for us to stay in is suppose to be near the Oakland subway system and believe me I have been giddy about the fact that I can check out Steve's shop but I don't think a demo will be possible because I think he is rebuilding the tahoe right now but if it is ready I will definitely try and get a demo I need to secure this rental car situation first and convince my company to pony up for it lol.

I didn't grow up in the best neighborhood so I have a pretty good sense for where I don't need to be but besides places I shouldn't go, I like to eat any good recommendations for good food in Oakland?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

lol damn oakland dont do anything in that ghetto ass city good chance of being robbed or killed so go to other citys to enjoy your time

SF has a lot to do almost anything you can think of and me and team bassick are 40 mins south of oakland in San Jose again there is a lot to do here as well

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Never heard of Cafe sport. Alcatraz is the shit though. Ive done the tour about 5 times. The city in itself is kinda cool. The BART ( which is the bays "subway" system ), is pretty easy to use. They can get you almost anywere in the bay at all differant times. From what I remember, it does not run 24/7 though. Have they given you a general area where you will be staying, or address?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

lol damn oakland dont do anything in that ghetto ass city good chance of being robbed or killed so go to other citys to enjoy your time

SF has a lot to do almost anything you can think of and me and team bassick are 40 mins south of oakland in San Jose again there is a lot to do here as well

Damn no one likes Oakland lol I am starting to wonder why in the hell we have a firm there if the city is that rough :lol: but I do what to visit quite a few places I have to check out Mr. Meade's shop if possible and I am sure SF will be where we go to do stuff and if San Jose is that close we may head that way. How's the food I want to eat at some good spots preferably small mom and pop places that are local.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif