Sonic Electronix

trying to find a amp that pushes 1500 rms for sq

so your saying basicly to stay away from sq and go for spl?

No. Like I said, you're neither. It's a daily setup. SQ isn't just sounding good, and SPL is more than just loud.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

sq is a really touchy subject, i don't think you can play any rap/pop/hiphop/dubstep ECT and think it sounds good to the level of a sq system.

spl, is basically just burping. Thats the idea getting the meter to read a SPL measurement.

ground pounding/daily id put together as they can work together, is more being able play loud and low (to what you would consider loud/low) with what ever sort of "sq" you want, you maybe happy with cheap mids and highs you just want music. Some want to spend 1000's on speakers alone, some just wanna run a whole bunch of supper tweeters and some big ass mids and be loud as you can lol, i personally don't care for being able reproduce an orchestra, but i building a front stage to be loud enough to hear lyrics over 9k on 8~ 12" subs. Obvious you fall into this category, i think you need go sit in a true sq car, a true ground pounder, then go find an in between you like..

but at end of the day there your 3 options really, i don't believe in spl/sq combined.. you wont be able to win SQ competitions against true SQ cares, and then go burp in the lanes and take home 1st from both, (there could be what 1 possibility in the world lol??) and im talking say at world finials not your general sunday afternoon meetup, best of the best, thats what we all want right lol

/end long post

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

will my mids are hertz mille, and i have just regular hertz hsks in my dash so my interiors sound great and i have a 300.4 jl amp on them all it i was trying to make it all sound great i damn well know 8 12s are going to over power it. but i just want to hear my doors to so it doesnt sound like a garbage can

Hmm,

I was the one who designed that box. (9Blazer8 and I built it together) It was meant for daily driving and showing off. Not SQ or SPL, he mistakenly put that =(

for those who feel like attacking me, go for it, Idfc. =)

The box was built for those sub woofers, not anything else. It was meant for power, to be heard down the street, that's what 9blazer8 wanted, how he described it to me, so I made him that box as a daily driver.

IMO his hertz are loud as hell. They sound clean, ofc I recommended a different amplifier for them instead of the crunch amplifier :lol:

His blazer has potential IMO.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I'm with Ray. Get an amp that is not digital. Audison 1.1k if you can find one, Arc KS 1200, etc. At normal volumes there is quite a noticeable difference in sound quality, I've done the test many times. Ive done a 1.1k vs other "1500 watt" D amps and only lost a half db peak, but to everyone's ear it was louder musically.

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

Archived