Sonic Electronix

okay RAY and you paneling pros. i need help

Had a post but it deleted itself. Build the false wall behind the dome light. Like ray said with construction paper or I use cardboard. Get the curve of the headliner and transfer to mdf. Now you have the top half. Do the same for the sides. Make a Skelton frame out of 2x4s or something and secure the baffle with that. I'd use atleast 1/4" have had problems with thin wood vibrating too much. Just stay away from great foam.

okay. what would you suggest on how to seal it off? i know the panel wont be able to hold all the air from up front

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

where would i find something like that?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Some thick ass rubber seals along the edges.

Random pic from a car show

00eaf235.jpg

thats how i was attemping to do mine. but i just didnt know how to go about doing it

here is an idea...

for my wall i basically had the same thing as you, the box and space around it

i had the main baffle inside the sides of the wall, then i had the flush mount baffle ontop of that you can see here(inner baffle is just sitting there, not actually screwed in)

94c66e22.jpg

so cut these small piece and made them sit flush with that inner baffle

65bab5b1.jpg

cd7f71ed.jpg

here you can see the flush mount baffle sits 3/4 past the face of the wall(inner baffle) on purpose!

581c19c5.jpg

once you cut the sides out and screw them in they will sit flush with ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

83d270ce.jpg

b59e30bb.jpg

hope that helps, you can use the same idea depending on what thickness wood u are using

all done

5eb6459c.jpg

YES that actually helped alot! thanks man.

so does that pretty much seal off the rear as well?

i do have another issue.

my seatbelts are like attached behind where the panel would sit.

what do i do

YES that actually helped alot! thanks man.

so does that pretty much seal off the rear as well?

i do have another issue.

my seatbelts are like attached behind where the panel would sit.

what do i do

pretty damn close, prob not 100% but close enough for me

for yours since u have the doors, like robert mentioned i would put a nice strip of that foam tape stuff(made for to seal the door of your house) once u close the door it will make it seal up nicely

ahh for the seat belts, im not too sure BUT IMO i would cut the trim piece around it, youll prob have to make them stay in one place after that

oh okay. some weather seal is a good idea. thanks alot guys

Got to a dollar store as they have posterboard, 2 sheets for $1. Get a bunch of that and start making your templates. If you have a lot of curves/contours then it's usually easier to do like 1' sections at a time and then tape them all together to get your final template.

Top piece can screw to the front of the box, sides can go off 2x2's like in the pic or steel brackets. I just get them close and use duct tape on the back side. Not 100% air tight, but if you meter window down/door open you'll never notice the diff.

If you want 100% air tight then you'll have to fiberglass to contours of the vehicle

look for a flexible ruler. You can then line it up with your panels and trace it on to posterboard. I think you are overthinking the degree of difficulty on this one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived