Sonic Electronix

audio technix sound deadening

moderation is going downhill today, I'm surprised sensai

what other versus thread ARE allowed since this is CLEARLY comparing products performance. must be nice to make up the rules as you go.

OP was looking for opinions on if there was a noticeable difference between 60-80mil AT, the first response was from a SS Rep stating to look elsewhere.... how is that not stepping outside of his bounds?

He made this his own versus thread, not the OP

Yes, this is technically a "VS" thread because the question is "60 mil or 80 mil?" However, it's not a "vs' thread in the sense of the ones that people hate. This is intended to simply go "is there really a noticeable difference for my money or am I better off staying with 60 mil?" The vs threads people hate are "should I buy DC subs or Sundown subs?" because something like that is BOUND to just turn into a nuthugging, bashing flame war. Now, as it so happens, this thread derailed as well, but that's simply cause one guy decided to be a dick and had nothing to with the OP's question. But that can and will happen anywhere on this forum.

Has nothing to do with strass... the first reply was from a Vendor stating to look elsewhere and try not to use the deadner the OP was asking about, immediately stating whats wrong with it.

That's AT vs other deadners, and Jon started that. That's my issue. That's why it became about other brands, because Jon brought up brands other than AT, and he works for one of the other options.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

^^^ maybe it's not, I was giving my review on AT when I bought it. That's what the OP was asking for.

When I finally got the backing off of my AT there were little "valleys" we're there would be lots of adhesive and then not so much.

If you'd like to take a peice of AT and take the back off it and show there are no valleys you'll have an order of 50 ft next week lol

And it cut the shit out of my hands which I hated!! I cut my thumb and it bled like a bitch lol

All deadener with thick aluminum cuts hands.

Here is a picture taken this morning just for you

photo-21.jpg

Thai you very much sir. You'll be hearing from me soon :) enless SS dramatically drops their prices... One could only hope.

Also I've used many different deadeners and have never cut my hands...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

So by me recommending someone to look elsewhere/at other brands before making a purchase turned this into a vs. thread?

Even though I said "IF and I mean IF I was forced to pick one, I'd save my money and just get the 60 mil version..." (which I still stand by because of it's price point) and did not mention any other brand or product?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

So by me recommending someone to look elsewhere/at other brands before making a purchase turned this into a vs. thread?

Even though I said "IF and I mean IF I was forced to pick one, I'd save my money and just get the 60 mil version..." (which I still stand by because of it's price point) and did not mention any other brand or product?

It's not worth it man, people be crazy... You gave a non biased opinion (in my eyes) and did absolutely nothing wrong. You gave an answer to the OP's question, I guess haters are gunna hate!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

haven't used SS so i can't comment on that. have 50 sqft of AT 60mil between my two front doors, bit overkill but great stuff. worth the 3 hours it took to rip all the peel and seal out lol. two tips. wear glove when you can and get a razor and precut everything on a smoothish concrete floor before you start installing.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

holy hell OP I hope you got your answer this is done.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived