stevog Posted February 26, 2012 Report Posted February 26, 2012 can you make dull ones kind of like the ones dd uses on there subs
n8ball2013 Posted February 26, 2012 Report Posted February 26, 2012 Are you having issues with the resin pooling? THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
CJ18 Posted February 26, 2012 Author Report Posted February 26, 2012 I am going to send this one to Rusty to test and check out first. If people want them, I would have no probelm making them as long as I have them tested with good success first. I was just doing this as something to do to keep me busy while I have all day to spend in the room. sign me up for several.. Let me get the process down first These caps look amazing Cody!! You should consider becoming a vendor here, because I know that I'd definitely buy a pair I would think about it, but I just dont have it down perfect yet. I dont want to get tied up with knowing that I have peoples money when I dont have the process down perfect yet. Its so hard getting them right with what I have to work with in my hotel room. can you make dull ones kind of like the ones dd uses on there subs Possibly, but it could take me a few tries just to get one so its not worth it. I do have one idea that might work though. Are you having issues with the resin pooling? Yes. The thin resin that I am using likesd to drain to the middle of the cap. I am trying a mix of thick and thin to get the right consistancy for the top coat. Not too bad for what I have to work with though.
CJ18 Posted February 26, 2012 Author Report Posted February 26, 2012 can you make dull ones kind of like the ones dd uses on there subs You know what, I think I have an idea that just might work for what you want. I am going to try and make a 10" cap like this and see if it will work. I will post pics of it tomorrow once its dry.
CJ18 Posted February 26, 2012 Author Report Posted February 26, 2012 Working on another 10" cap using a different process hoping for a different look.
knowledge Posted February 26, 2012 Report Posted February 26, 2012 good stuff man, on the last one ur trying did u just put a layer of carbon right on top of the already wet one for a semi dry look? REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
n8ball2013 Posted February 26, 2012 Report Posted February 26, 2012 Cj Im not sure if its what you are using or not but i know there is a certain resin to use with this kind of process. I looked into it in the past and said no way. too much for me to do wiht my short attention span. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
dlp123 Posted February 26, 2012 Report Posted February 26, 2012 i dont know if this will help or not but you could get some wax paper and then vacum freezer bags. Might help with the resin pooling on you.
CJ18 Posted February 26, 2012 Author Report Posted February 26, 2012 good stuff man, on the last one ur trying did u just put a layer of carbon right on top of the already wet one for a semi dry look? That is actaully the bottom side of the cap. I was trying a different way of applying the resin to get a different look. I am about to go pop it out of the mold and see if it worked. I have my doubts but we will see. Cj Im not sure if its what you are using or not but i know there is a certain resin to use with this kind of process. I looked into it in the past and said no way. too much for me to do wiht my short attention span. I am using a 4:1 epoxy resin system. That is the shortest pot life that i can find. It still takes its time to tack up though once its on the fabric. I think I have found a good mix of thick and thin resin that will give me what I want.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.