Horrible alternator noise.

sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, i just am completely stumped on this one. I got my dd1 in the mail yesterday, set up my buddies girlfriends car and it worked great, next I checked my headunit to see where it clipped at and and it could take max volume 40/40 i chose to set it at 36 for now because im still waiting on my alternator. Next i set my gain on my sub amp and that was it for the today. Today i go to set my mids amp, i used the -5db 1000hz track. That is the only thing i have done since yesterday. Testing out my mids come to find out i have HORRIBLE alternator noise so bad you cant even listen to music i just turn off my HU. It has to be alternator noise because sitting with the car with the engine there is no noise. What in the hell would make alternator noise just pop up like this? Tomorrow i am going to order 2 noise filters one for my headunit and one for my eq, also i will be grounding my rcas to see if that helps. All my gear should be in my sig if not just ask! thanks in advance guys

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

the first thing i did was check my grounds, they are all in check, normally i can troubleshoot this bs on my own but im fricken stumped

nothing at all changed.

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I was nice and moved this since you acknowledged it may have been in the wrong spot.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Did you remove the rcas and plug them back up while the head unit was on?

no is that supposed help w/ noise? ive never really head of doing that.

check RCA wires

they checked out man

I was nice and moved this since you acknowledged it may have been in the wrong spot.

thank you, greatly appreciated.

had one do me this way and i tried everything in the book to get rid of it. come to find out it was because the amps chassis was touching the vehicle ground too since i mounted the amp to the car so the screws made the contact. Once i isolated the amp from the car with some nylon washers everything was good. Sounds unlikely I know but it worked in that case. I figured it out by accident when i took the amp loose to try connecting different wires and stuff and noticed it went away. If you have DMM just check the amp chassis to see if its grounding out just in case, maybe it will fix it.

had one do me this way and i tried everything in the book to get rid of it. come to find out it was because the amps chassis was touching the vehicle ground too since i mounted the amp to the car so the screws made the contact. Once i isolated the amp from the car with some nylon washers everything was good. Sounds unlikely I know but it worked in that case. I figured it out by accident when i took the amp loose to try connecting different wires and stuff and noticed it went away. If you have DMM just check the amp chassis to see if its grounding out just in case, maybe it will fix it.

alright man im going to try that first tihng in the morning, its not guna be fun i have to take out my 2 15s and muscle the box out a certain way by myself. It takes some time but i get it lol

No way to check without all the work? I hope it helps. Sucks to do a bunch of labor to be in same shape you were when you started. Tracking down noise issues is the most aggervating thing I have ever delt with in car stereo work.

Archived