Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

I wanna do a smaller ported side fire box so I have some cargo area left. I have some 4" Aeroports that I wanna run. Does the port area per Square foot matter so much when not doing slotted ports? This seems to be the right size and tuned right. Is there anything I am missing or does this look good?

box.png

Posted (edited)

Minimum recommended PA/Vb is 9 for aero ports, best way to know is using WinISD free software, Port Mach below 0.05 is best.

Without telling which subs can't say.

Edited by Joe X
Posted (edited)

G'damn Joe, you're all over the place..wtf. lol

Port area is a little too small, like he stated above...recommendations is 9 for minimum area.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Posted

Dammit. I always have this trouble with ported boxes. :crazy:

Whenever I get the port area right, my tune is at like 50hz unless the port is like 3 feet long.

The subs RE SEX 12's.

Posted

4 4" aero 21 in length...... tuned to about 36

you can also try shrinking your box down a bit

The RE site recommends 2^3ft per sub. Is that semi negotiable based on port tuning?

I was actually incorrect on the original post, I can only go 20" high instead of 25".

Posted (edited)

im not too familiar wit there subs honestly what kind of power are you putting to it? rms more or less?

you dont have room unless your pushing more than rms.....your at 3.59 before displacement

Edited by will77530
Posted

I'll probably end up with a HiFonics 5 channel for saving room sake.

It says it'll do 1ohm mono bu with my 2ohm DVC's I can only run it 2 or .5. So unless those amps are ballsyer than I think they are, it'll be 750 x 1.

Posted

if you could make the box bigger it would sound better and be louder but with the dimensions you listed.....20x12.5x35 with three 4" ports that are 16" long it will bring you to about 37 hz good luck bro take pics

Posted

Can I stray from the 2^3ft per sub rule for the sake of tuning? Or does that number need to stay pretty close?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 830 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...