Optima Yellow or Red Tops for $140.99 (Advance Auto)

porksoda

Wow- good find! Thanks PORKSODA!

A question though (and I know it has been asked a million times)... if going with an Optima, what is preferred in an Audio application? Yellow top or red? I know that the yellow is a dual purpose starting and deep cycle, while the red is starting- I don't let the system run with the engine off anyway... so wouldn't the red top be a better choice between the two?

Opinions? Pros, Cons, etc...

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yellow. Better reserve capacity is gonna help you engine on or off. That's why you're using a second battery anyway.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Yellow. Better reserve capacity is gonna help you engine on or off. That's why you're using a second battery anyway.

Ahh... I'm still on one battery though... LOL! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ahh... I'm still on one battery though... LOL! :D

You're running 12 12s and you have one battery?!? No wonder you don't run it with the key off :lol2: Get 2 of 'em maybe?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Damn $190 for me.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Hmm. Aren't most people running the XS Power AGM batteries? Wouldn't it be bad to have a Yellow Top under the hood with XS Power batteries in the trunk? I was actually thinking about swaping my yellow top out for a D240

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived