Running syetem just off Batterys?

Yeah i have i havent seen any, I just emailed Mechman to see what they say about the issue cause i would love a 250-300A one but it doesent seem to be an easy find at the moment.

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

what kind of vehicle is it? try any means possible to find a HO alt for your setup before you go trying what your describing. As others have said, its not a great idea, and personally I wouldn't attempt it. but like watch the bass said, contact a bunch of those companies and find out if they can build you one.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Get an alt. You'll fry less equipment and won't have to be paranoid about your voltage all the time.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Yeah i have i havent seen any, I just emailed Mechman to see what they say about the issue cause i would love a 250-300A one but it doesent seem to be an easy find at the moment.

Shoot them all, with mails, 2500 watt´s extra is no joke for the carelectrical.

A 2500 watt amp suck a vew batt´s quick. You have to ask if they can make you one, it´s very rare that they have no

alt´s for a model. What car is it, you didn´t answer that.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

can you take a video of you doing this i would love yo watch you fry your amp, subs and batts all at the same time. That would make my day watching that. Make sure you have a volt meter next to you so i can see how low it actually gets before something starts smoking.

Explain? Instead of making a remark as such, try explaining to him why. Oh wait, you were born an expert. lol :pardon::P

I'd like to see why him doing this is any different than a number of people out there doing the same. As long as the thing isn't abused and is recharged properly, the only thing to go will be the stock alt from working harder longer to try to maintain a proper charge on all the batteries. Playing full tilt for a long period of time would be bad, which in case poof. Therefor, a vid is necessary. :ehh:

I might not have been born a expert i sure wasnt born a dumb ass so i know better than to ever do such a thing.

Anyone who thinks you can run a system just off batteries alone for a daily application is retarded. It doesnt take much common sense to realize that you when you beat your voltage drops and to recharge what you discharged you are going to need a contest charging source to get your voltage back where it needs to be. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Well, he did ask, right? I'm not disagreeing it's a bad idea, but if someone asks, then there's a slight chance they may not know. Plus, he did say moderate use lol. :ehh:

Shit, he may only be running the amp at 2 ohms if he has 4 4ohm subs, but then again, if he is asking this, he may not wire it for the right impedance and go .5 and if it is 2 ohms, then stock alt and an extra battery isn't bad (1200 RMS). Too many variables.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

can you take a video of you doing this i would love yo watch you fry your amp, subs and batts all at the same time. That would make my day watching that. Make sure you have a volt meter next to you so i can see how low it actually gets before something starts smoking.

Explain? Instead of making a remark as such, try explaining to him why. Oh wait, you were born an expert. lol :pardon::P

I'd like to see why him doing this is any different than a number of people out there doing the same. As long as the thing isn't abused and is recharged properly, the only thing to go will be the stock alt from working harder longer to try to maintain a proper charge on all the batteries. Playing full tilt for a long period of time would be bad, which in case poof. Therefor, a vid is necessary. :ehh:

I might not have been born a expert i sure wasnt born a dumb ass so i know better than to ever do such a thing.

Anyone who thinks you can run a system just off batteries alone for a daily application is retarded. It doesnt take much common sense to realize that you when you beat your voltage drops and to recharge what you discharged you are going to need a contest charging source to get your voltage back where it needs to be. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

You're right it doesn't take common sense to know this. It takes KNOWLEDGE. Something he obviously hasn't learned yet, which is why he's here asking this in the first place. And the average (retarded in your opinion) person doesn't even know the difference between charging voltage and resting voltage, hell most people don't even know what an alternator is. He came here asking a legitimate question. There's no need for your shit about hoping he fries his amps.

My car is a nissan pulsar hatch 1999 model 1.6L 4 cylinder, I am not sure of any models of nissan that use the same motor there may be one but I couldn't find any info, and as a response to the people above I have some knowledge to this question but I like to hear other opinions and this thread as an example has been very helpful so far :)

And I am very worried about voltage drop as a plan to run my saz at .5 ohm cause my woofers are dual 4's and I have been told to do this I need a strong electrical system so if I were to just run batts which I won't now anyway I would wire it to 2 ohm until I get a new alt.