Second Skin Audio

free box designs with a sketchup pic or file

teardrop

im going to be doing some free box desings but as of now no kerfed ports or aero ports i havnt figured out how to do that in sketchup or to tune it proprly with kerfed ports and aero ports but any 4th orders or ported boxes with round or square ports i will need to know

subs make model and specs

amps make and model

max deminsions

subs and port direction

i tune to 33 hz if you want deferent let me know

and i try to lean toward the bigger size boxs i like the way they play the lows and it leaves room for bracing if you feel like you need it

i will try and do them in the order that i receive your info

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

not that hard to do either in sketchup ;)

prepare for a wave of requests lol

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

2 Kicker Comp 12s wired down to 2-ohms

MTX RTP251D pushing 200 watts at 2-ohms

Max Dim: 33Wx14Hx28D

Both subs and port facing forward from my trunk

Random Info:

-I'm looking to have the port in the middle of the subs

-Looking to be as close to 3.75 cubic feet net after all displacements

-I will be doing a removable port, so the original dimensions I'm wanting to have around 16 sq inches of port per cubic foot and then will use 0.5" thick MDF in the removable port that, when inserted, will decrease the port dimensions by 1" on H and W. This should bring it down to around 12 sq inches of port area per cubic foot of box.

-I'd like to use the 33Wx14H and have 0.25" of spacing around each sub and a 5" wide port in the middle of them. So 12+12(subs)+(0.75*4 for each piece of wood going deep)+(0.25*4 spacing around each sub)+5" port=33W

-Would also be 12H for each sub + (0.25*2 spacing) + (0.75*2 wood thickness for top/bottom piece)=14H

-Been trying to tinker around with the equation all morning, I'd have to keep it to where there's no bend in the port if I'm looking to have a removable port.

If you can help with this then cool!

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm looking for a low tuning with the removable port in, so probably around 30Hz and then a bit higher of tuning when it's not in.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Max dimensions: 34" x 16" x 8"

Sub: SSA Icon 10" (one)

Here's the specs on the sub:

• 3"” wide, 4 layer, copper coils
  • Push terminals
  • Pulp Fiber Cone
  • Dual stiff progressive spiders
  • FEA optimized motor
  • 3" Anodized alum. former
  • Heavy Duty Lead wires
  • Hand crafted in USA
  • Fs 30.7
  • Qms 5.60
  • Qes .41
  • Qts .38
  • Mms 190 g
  • Sd 310 cm^2
  • Vas 19.1 l
  • Bl 16.4
  • Spl 83.1 1W/1m
  • Xmax 20.5mm
  • Wattage: 1000wRMS
  • Displacement: 0.12cuft

I'm looking for a ported box tuned to about 34Hz, sub up, port back.

Forgot the amp: Sundown SAX1200D

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

2 DC Level 4 12s at 1 ohm.

Don't have max dimensions on hand.

Blow through tuned to 34 hz, sub mounting depth is 6.75".

curious to see what you come up with, and gives you some good practice lol.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

not that hard to do either in sketchup ;)

prepare for a wave of requests lol

yea with practice ill get it just not there yet got any tricks or hints

and yes the wave has begun lol

kerfed port is just a quarter of a circle, i do round ports like this -- make a circle for the radius of the port, make a bigger circle radius + 1/4"

oh, and the push/ pull tool is your best friend

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

2 Kicker Comp 12s wired down to 2-ohms MTX RTP251D pushing 200 watts at 2-ohms Max Dim: 33Wx14Hx28D Both subs and port facing forward from my trunk Random Info: -I'm looking to have the port in the middle of the subs -Looking to be as close to 3.75 cubic feet net after all displacements -I will be doing a removable port, so the original dimensions I'm wanting to have around 16 sq inches of port per cubic foot and then will use 0.5" thick MDF in the removable port that, when inserted, will decrease the port dimensions by 1" on H and W. This should bring it down to around 12 sq inches of port area per cubic foot of box. -I'd like to use the 33Wx14H and have 0.25" of spacing around each sub and a 5" wide port in the middle of them. So 12+12(subs)+(0.75*4 for each piece of wood going deep)+(0.25*4 spacing around each sub)+5" port=33W -Would also be 12H for each sub + (0.25*2 spacing) + (0.75*2 wood thickness for top/bottom piece)=14H -Been trying to tinker around with the equation all morning, I'd have to keep it to where there's no bend in the port if I'm looking to have a removable port. If you can help with this then cool! EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm looking for a low tuning with the removable port in, so probably around 30Hz and then a bit higher of tuning when it's not in.

ill get started on it and see what i can come up with

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

not that hard to do either in sketchup ;) prepare for a wave of requests lol
yea with practice ill get it just not there yet got any tricks or hints and yes the wave has begun lol
kerfed port is just a quarter of a circle, i do round ports like this -- make a circle for the radius of the port, make a bigger circle radius + 1/4" oh, and the push/ pull tool is your best friend

cool thanks

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Archived