Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

Thanks guys, Nice to wake up and see the replies. I have to admit I'm pretty nervous about the dash too. It's calling for snow here for the next four days so I won't be getting jack done this weekend /sadface. Oh well, It just let's me work some o.t. for more money for the build!

Got the first of a few of the framework started today. Should have 3 of these and double walled 3/4 MDF all around with a triple or quadruple baffle on the front. I need to make the false floor where the seat was and make the other braces. Then i can start laying MDF

004-2_zps1adee111.jpg

quad baffle ftw, thats whats in my truck

It will be super close doing a quad baffle, might stick past the b pillar a touch, guess i will have to get things secured and go from there.

Looks like you had a lot of work into this... I for the progress

Yes, lots of work and waiting and saving forever. I have been itching to start this so hopefully some progress is made this week.

I want to do more work today but i am pretty tired, I've been sick but i can't sit around anymore. I think tomorrow I will go run some wire and rca's and stuff like that so i know what i have to work with. Then maybe cut enough MDF to put down the first layer. I also want to lay a few 1X's across the top front to back so it is a bit more rigid.

So far everything measures square as far as i can tell and it looks like it will be triple baffle. I guess I'll burn that bridge when i get there. I also have to get some angle iron cut so i can build some braces to hold the thing in place. I don't need a feakin wall to smash me if I get in an accident. There are a coulple guys at work that are great welders and fabricators so I can call on them when i am ready and get that covered.

The list of Needs right now is batteries, some 8ga wire, some 14ga wire for the mids, some odds and ends, and maybe some springs depending on how it sits once everything is in.

Thanks for looking!

I got started on the port section today. The port in this box will be removable, so if i want i can change tuning. I got the back wall in. I am out of screws and so I just said that is enough for today.

Here is the shot of the added bracing for the top of the box, plus it helps keep everything square.

001-5_zps0d82a903.jpg

002-1_zps976fd360.jpg

Port walls all 45'd and stuff, cause you know bitches love 45's

004-2_zps8ec82d86.jpg

Top and bottom of port

005-1_zps18703bb6.jpg

Back wall

006-1_zps7734d5fc.jpg

The werirdness there is cause i had the mdf laying on some green 1X6's it soaked up a bit of moisture, but it's just on the surface so it didn't really hurt it any.

007-2_zpsd95cd527.jpg

008_zpseb3e0298.jpg

Thats all for today.

I can't stop working on this thing. I got the whole family out in the garage helping.

My wife found some more screws and the kids pulled every screw that was in my old enclosure too. lol

More pictures.

010_zpsbcec4ed2.jpg

013-1_zps3d04c826.jpg

015-1_zps67758aea.jpg

017-1_zps2628f4fd.jpg

018_zps846643cf.jpg

020-1_zps12d7ac65.jpg

025_zpsda70ad9c.jpg

The removable port is started. Going to let this glue set up and then finish it out.

026_zps43178c91.jpg

027_zpsb6b9e823.jpg

Archived