Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

edited for total grammar breakdown.

Well, I havent finished the new box completely yet. Lots of wood filler to go in the counter sunk screw holes and some sanding. I had moved my amps under a lexan panel in the winter, but summer is kicking their ass. So i am moving the battery to where they where in the spare tire well and building a new amp rack. I will be putting in some fans to help cool things down hopefully

Enough chatter, Here are the pics

messy messy

000_0008.jpg

Stop laughing at my battery dangit!, I can;t afford an xs yet. Soon though soon.

000_0009.jpg

Cutting cardboard, you know the routine.

000_0010.jpg

000_0011.jpg

000_0013.jpg

000_0014.jpg

000_0015.jpg000_0016.jpg

So i used some OSB to make my rough cut. This stuff really likes to pull jigsaw blades around. Suprer cheap though. Lesson learned. It still fit pretty good but don' ask how i got it in there. The hatch opening is smaller than the board is. lol

000_0018.jpg

000_0019.jpg

Here is the old rack. It had some feet under it and the ep2x was mounted under the rack. It's all coming up top for this setup.

000_0021.jpg

Test fitting. Those RCA's are going to be tough to run if i want the amps to be this close together. If anyone wants to suggest a better way to mount these speak up!

000_0023.jpg

000_0024.jpg000_0025.jpg

yes yes yes yes yes. I like where this is going. I wasn't a fan of the stained carpet but the false floor should do the job here. You're going to basically do the same thing but cover the false floor in automotive carpet? I'm trying my hand at a false floor now so I'm taking pointers, I may vertically mount my amp though on the side though for easy access.

I like it a lot, an old car getting some serious upgrades. keep it up man it looks good

Thanks for the replies! I have no idea what i am going to cover it in. I really want to do gray vinyl to go with the interior but may have to settle on texture paint for now. My budget is super slim and i have to get an alt because i want more more more power. I am also going to be cooling this with fans, Big fans, they move crazy air but they are kind of loud but w/e. Doing a push pull set up. I will post a pic below to show you what they look like.

000_0001.jpg

Did some work this morning. So much work to do. I may be without music for a bit if i don't finish my monday. I don't want to rush this though.

So i started on the side panels. I had to router this out free hand.

000_0004.jpg

000_0005.jpg

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

Put some feet on the base board to make room for wires and stuff. I think it's going to be a nightmare wiring though because everything is such a tight fit. Only other option is to cut out a rectangle where the amp go so i can just drop them in. Problem with that is it would really effect the structural integrity of this board and it's already super tight going into the hatch.

000_0009.jpg

Worked on the box some more today. List of thing i need to get done included; 3/8 all thread speaker terminals, flare the port more, sand the edges and seams, wood filler screw holes, flush mount subs, put in bracing.

List of things i actually got done. Make a whole shit load of saw dust. lol, pics below

Also in the pics below you will notice that along the edges of the port there is an ever so slight lip. That was intentional as it kind of sets of the face panels from the rest of the box, like they just stick up 1/8 inch. Seeing it in person you would get it, but my camera just doesn't quite capture what is going on there.

000_0025.jpg

000_0020.jpg

000_0011.jpg

000_0013.jpg

000_0019-Copy.jpg

000_0016.jpg

Did some work this morning. So much work to do. I may be without music for a bit if i don't finish my monday. I don't want to rush this though.

So i started on the side panels. I had to router this out free hand.

000_0004.jpg

000_0005.jpg

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

Put some feet on the base board to make room for wires and stuff. I think it's going to be a nightmare wiring though because everything is such a tight fit. Only other option is to cut out a rectangle where the amp go so i can just drop them in. Problem with that is it would really effect the structural integrity of this board and it's already super tight going into the hatch.

000_0009.jpg

u can use the router for ur holes come out nice and clean

Well, I have everything Back in now. At least I'm playing again. I'm done for the weekend.

I still need to glass this or something, have to make a top cover and i'm a bit stumped on what I want to do. This thing is kind of a pain to put in and take out but not too terrible. Even without a cover you can feel air flow across the amps. So it's definitely an improvement. Anyway, on with the pics.

000_0012-1.jpg

000_0013-1.jpg

000_0018-1.jpg

000_0019-1.jpg

000_0021-1.jpg

Magical floating Ep2X.

Archived