Second Skin Audio

Using Regular Plywood

Before saying anything, please don't laugh, and don't suggest that I just go buy mdf, it's what I have to work with.

Ok, I bought plywood since my mdf got ruined from liquid damage, so I originally wanted to buy birch, but the guy at lowes said that plywood was the same thing, so I got it, noticed it has holes, so I filled it with wood filler, but now I'm worried about the box sounding bad cause I read plywood is kinda bad, but any advice on what I can do to make it better?

So far, I'm planning on sanding each piece to make it smooth.

Edited by Omega5002

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Ummm ok?

Yeah, I was tagging and I accidently pressed enter, so sorry for the confusion

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

MDF/ BIRCH OR GTFO.

plywood is a no go, you can polish a turd, but it is still a piece of shit (referring to the wood)

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

the guy at lowes said that plywood was the same thing

the guys at lowes make minumum wage for a reason......

Yeah, next time I'm going to Home Depot, or at least not listen to them cause I'm feeling stupid for buying shit plywood.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

So I guess there's nothing I can to make the plywood better, somehow I felt this was a bad idea, but my mom kept telling me if I use just the plywood, it's gonna sound like shit, but it I wood fill it, sand it down, and apply a veneer, it'll be better, but I'm extremely doubt this cause even my friend who doesn't even know car audio, but home audio said plywood is crap since I would be losing a lot of sound.

Next time, I'm going to Home Depot(even though it's farther) cause the guys at Lowes screwed me over twice now. I'll just save up money, buy the mdf, avoid liquids(got coolant spilled over on the last set by accident) and try again I guess.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Just buy some MDF or birch. By the time you buy all the shit you need to make the plywood decent you coulda bought a couple sheets of MDF.

Even your mom says its gonna sound like shit. Ditch the plywood, save it for an amp rack or something.

Edited by SmallTruk