Second Skin Audio

Using Regular Plywood

they guys at lowes argue with me about wood all the time. ive been a cabinet man and woodworker for 13 years, i know a little more about it than some minimum wage 19 year old dork who spends a half hour looking for "crooked shanked nails" after i ask him to find me some so he will leave me alone.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Just buy some MDF or birch. By the time you buy all the shit you need to make the plywood decent you coulda bought a couple sheets of MDF.

Even your mom says its gonna sound like shit. Ditch the plywood, save it for an amp rack or something.

Hmm, with all the spare ply, I can make an amp display or rack, or a battery display(if i get a 2nd battery) or something and use the spare the mdf that didn't get ruined for rings if I do my doors in the future or give to my friend who builds boxes for people for extra, so he can cut the pieces for me without charging me, cause Lowes doesn't really cut well( I have no table saw or anything, so having to rely on others unfortunately).

I should have asked you guys before, since you guys have experience building, and I'm just a 19 year old kid trying to build my 1st box

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

if you're really worried about it sounding like shit just fiberglass the inside, I bought a sheet of 11 ply AC plywood and it's great, lighter than mdf, cheaper, and just as strong.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

they guys at lowes argue with me about wood all the time. ive been a cabinet man and woodworker for 13 years, i know a little more about it than some minimum wage 19 year old dork who spends a half hour looking for "crooked shanked nails" after i ask him to find me some so he will leave me alone.

/\ this is priceless..... its like going to the auto parts store and asking for muffler bearings lmao

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Well, I'll just try again in the future, back to the drawing board again. Thanks guys for saving me from having a crappy box.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Just buy some MDF or birch. By the time you buy all the shit you need to make the plywood decent you coulda bought a couple sheets of MDF.

Even your mom says its gonna sound like shit. Ditch the plywood, save it for an amp rack or something.

Hmm, with all the spare ply, I can make an amp display or rack, or a battery display(if i get a 2nd battery) or something and use the spare the mdf that didn't get ruined for rings if I do my doors in the future or give to my friend who builds boxes for people for extra, so he can cut the pieces for me without charging me, cause Lowes doesn't really cut well( I have no table saw or anything, so having to rely on others unfortunately).

I should have asked you guys before, since you guys have experience building, and I'm just a 19 year old kid trying to build my 1st box

19yr old "kid"? LoL that's adult plus a year. No excuses....you didn't research and ya screwed up. Live and learn

19yr old "kid"? LoL that's adult plus a year. No excuses....you didn't research and ya screwed up. Live and learn

Yeah, you're exactly right, and I'm learning, the hardway though but I should probably should just research, and ask questions BEFORE I do anything. Well, I screw up, I learn my mistakes, and I try again with a better plan.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Don't go to home depot or lowes, Find a lumber supply.

http://www.qualityplywoodspec.com/

I'll do that too, those large supplies stores usually have better prices anyways

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget