Sundown Audio

Undervolt shutdown

derp a derp, check your wiring

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

when does it shut off.full volume,half,quarter etc..

Edit:I am running 1ohm on a 2ohm stereo stable amp with no problems.not saying it will work for long,But it sometimes works....If it cuts off when you touch the volume nob then I would say it is ohms.If it shuts off at half,3/4,or full volume then I would say it is voltage drop.

Edited by MrFree

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

I'm aware of the 2ohm load thing I thought kicker might be able to do it people run .5ohms on Rockford amps all the time and kicker is a decent brand

The people who do that have a sh!t ton of electrical and don't let their voltage go below 13.5-14. Ever. They know what they are doing when they do it, and just because an amp is a popular, good name brand doesn't necessarily mean that the guts can handle being run at half their rated impedance.

What sort of voltage are you getting at the amp

I'm aware of the 2ohm load thing I thought kicker might be able to do it people run .5ohms on Rockford amps all the time and kicker is a decent brand

no. its wired too low. i dont understand why the other guys on here cant figure that out. its not an undervolt problem. unless you had a 40 amp alt and an rc car battery under the hood, you wont drop to 9v and cause the amp to protect from undervoltage.

no. its wired too low. i dont understand why the other guys on here cant figure that out. its not an undervolt problem. unless you had a 40 amp alt and an rc car battery under the hood, you wont drop to 9v and cause the amp to protect from undervoltage.

Hmmmmmm

Back in the day I had a battery problem where my amp would turn off at around half volume. I swaped it for a new battery and the amp was good. But since you said your speaker ohm load is lower than the amp wants batt is probably fine. haha

As a poor teenager it's difficult for me to convince people they need 3 batteries and 600 dollars worth of ho alternator but your right about the electrical upgrade, he's doing 14.2volts at idal at the amp no music on

x fuckin 2

and you shouldn't have to convince anything on a 600 watt system.....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco