DC Sound Lab

lvl 3 subs getting stinky

and what music? plus are you playing below tuning? the DD-1 is great for getting max clean power out of your amp, but that ISN'T the only way to get coils stinky. Below tuning, clipped music, improper enclosure, too much power are some things that will get your coils stinky, no matter how clean the signal is.

rap music, shouldnt be playing below tunning the ssf is set for 30hz, most of my music is pretty clean and i run it threw audicity first.

how do you know it is set at 30hz? and "pretty clean" doesn't cut it when over powering AND using a box that is too big :)

well the lowest is 10 and the highest is 50 so i have it set at 12 oclock right in he middle should be 30.

You need to watch some of the CC-1 videos and see just how far off those dials can be.

well how u supost to know?

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD.

pioneer 80prs

B2 ES6.1I....................................Other Sub Stage:

B2 Zero1, B2 Quattro.......................B2 Quota

Tantric HDD 12's..............................B2 AS 12"

6^3 33 hz......................................4th Order BP 40hz

idk why people are saying their over powered, from what i keep seeing here on this forum, those woofers can take 800-1000+w or so, and im sure their not seeing even close to that after voltage loss, on top of rise, shit maybe 600 per if he's lucky which if their seeing 600w they should be just fine in that box, and he shouldn't be clipping (on music, which is normally -10db) if he set his gains with the DD-1 on a -5db track

unless he is "unlucky" and is seeing 0 rise and getting 2k+ out of the amp

edit:

i did a build in my friends civic who had 2 lvl 3 12s, the "m1"s on a crescendo bc2000d on a 3.44 cube box and didnt have any issue like this, and that was back before the DD-1 was even thought of, competed 90% of a season with it so power/box really shouldn't play an issue here....

Edited by BeAlLsTaR13
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

idk why people are saying their over powered, from what i keep seeing here on this forum, those woofers can take 800-1000+w or so, and im sure their not seeing even close to that after voltage loss, on top of rise, shit maybe 600 per if he's lucky which if their seeing 600w they should be just fine in that box, and he shouldn't be clipping if he set his gains with the DD-1 on a -5db track

that is what i thought

pioneer 80prs

idk why people are saying their over powered, from what i keep seeing here on this forum, those woofers can take 800-1000+w or so, and im sure their not seeing even close to that after voltage loss, on top of rise, shit maybe 600 per if he's lucky which if their seeing 600w they should be just fine in that box, and he shouldn't be clipping if he set his gains with the DD-1 on a -5db track

that is what i thought

I'm assuming you don't use bass boost and you haven't cranked and settings up past where they were when you set your gains right?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

that is what i thought

I'm assuming you don't use bass boost and you haven't cranked and settings up past where they were when you set your gains right?

this

plus any subwoofer settings on the HU should be left along including any "bass" settings on the HU

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

^

Make sure to check your headunit that bassboost is off. Everytime you disconnect your battery, the damn HU goes back to stock settings with bassboost auto on.

I've also noticed another weird thing with my Kenwood headunit this: "Supreme" option was On and I had to go back and turn it off. Not sure wtf that option is for.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

that is what i thought

no i dont use bassboost, gain was set the way the manual tells u to set it crank lowpass, turn of ssf, play track 3 turn gain till clipping light cmes on back it off till it goes out. then set ssf at 30 and lpf at 80.

pioneer 80prs