DC Sound Lab

make sure you have it centered very well, use wooden shimms to get that coil perfectly centered around that pole piece in the gap. whaen you glue on surround gently press in center or equally around cone striahgt down and make sure there is no rubbing coming from anywhere, mainly coil. let dry with a little weight on cone so glue tacts sufficiently on spider and basket and on surround and basket!! after sufficient drying lets hear it!!

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

First of all: do you know how to do a recone?

I'll assume you do :)

I like to use a wire brush+drill and get every speck of paint/glue off

Shim the coil as much as you can

An inverted bowl with a gallon jug on top makes a great weight

Take a silver sharpie / tape and mark the alignment of the surround+basket so your tinsels line up right

Put CA glue on the spider landing after getting it shimmed, weigh it down, THEN spray your activator (don't spray it on the spider then begin gluing like some people do)

Pulling off the excess spider and glue with a pair of pliers really makes glue removal easier

Don't forget to tape off the gap. Don't forget to clean it out with a piece of tape.

Edited by SnowDrifter

First of all: do you know how to do a recone?

I'll assume you do :)

I like to use a wire brush+drill and get every speck of paint/glue off

Shim the coil as much as you can

An inverted bowl with a gallon jug on top makes a great weight

Take a silver sharpie / tape and mark the alignment of the surround+basket so your tinsels line up right

Put CA glue on the spider landing after getting it shimmed, weigh it down, THEN spray your activator (don't spray it on the spider then begin gluing like some people do)

Pulling off the excess spider and glue with a pair of pliers really makes glue removal easier

Don't forget to tape off the gap. Don't forget to clean it out with a piece of tape.

I know the basics of doing a recone. I've read a few things about it and watched a vid or 2. Just trying to get all the info i can so i don't screw it up ya know. Im on a tight budget can't really afford to screw it up.

make sure you have it centered very well, use wooden shimms to get that coil perfectly centered around that pole piece in the gap. whaen you glue on surround gently press in center or equally around cone striahgt down and make sure there is no rubbing coming from anywhere, mainly coil. let dry with a little weight on cone so glue tacts sufficiently on spider and basket and on surround and basket!! after sufficient drying lets hear it!!

i have never seen a wooden shim used to recone a sub..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole