so i am going into the national guard so they'll pay for me to go to installers institute and so i cant get deployed for 2 years. after wards ill have enough from my signing bonus and the money i make while im in college ( cause the pay you ) to open my shop and have a few nice things in my possession.

so has anyone been through the bootcamp or anything?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

boot camp is army boot camp. just like everyone else does Make sure they will pay for the installer institute pretty sure that they do not do vocational stuff

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

boot camp is army boot camp. just like everyone else does Make sure they will pay for the installer institute pretty sure that they do not do vocational stuff

he told me they would

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i just joined the army, i'm goin to tell u right now, when u go to MEPS make sure that watever u want is written in the contract. but best of luck mang

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

i will tell you right now national guard will NOT pay for vocational programs. if they told you that get it in writing. the army told my brother that he will be in iraq for 6 monthes at a time only. he has been there for 2 years non-stop. they will tell you anything to get you to sign up. and dont think that you are guaranteed a sign on bonus, its not true. i inlisted for a 96bravo counter intellengence with a $20,000 sign on bonus, i am still waiting on it. i have been out for a year now. i ended up a fucking mechanic. just because you sign up for a MOS does not mean you will get it

----reference's----

meade916

reinke, u didn't do that MOS for whatever reason. Counter intel is still a vailid MOS and taking people badly. Therefore it was YOUR issue that caused u to not get that job. As such u lose ur bonus.

For vocational schools they WILL pay for it it just requires ASS loads of paper work.

Lastly don't EVER EVER EVER think u can't be deployed at any time. Anyone who is done with boot and AIT and thinks that is a fucking moron. Deployments are now for 15 mths. Nat guard and reserves may be sticking to just 12 mths. That I ain't TOTALLY sure of right now.

Plus nat. guard drill moiney just like the reserves ain't really dick. Don't think it is. Its enough to compensate you for some time. So opening a shop may be hella difficult man. Also what MOS are you going into? I might be able to give ya some insite man.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

reinke, u didn't do that MOS for whatever reason. Counter intel is still a vailid MOS and taking people badly. Therefore it was YOUR issue that caused u to not get that job. As such u lose ur bonus.

For vocational schools they WILL pay for it it just requires ASS loads of paper work.

Lastly don't EVER EVER EVER think u can't be deployed at any time. Anyone who is done with boot and AIT and thinks that is a fucking moron. Deployments are now for 15 mths. Nat guard and reserves may be sticking to just 12 mths. That I ain't TOTALLY sure of right now.

Plus nat. guard drill moiney just like the reserves ain't really dick. Don't think it is. Its enough to compensate you for some time. So opening a shop may be hella difficult man. Also what MOS are you going into? I might be able to give ya some insite man.

J

MOS?

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

yea Job title.............Its an abbriviation for Military Occupational Skill..........seeing as how u ain't even heard of this I gotta figure u haven't even seen a recruiter yet man.

Holla at me when you wanna enlist. I'll even help ya get an extra grand if ya want.

Pays me a grand too.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

I spent 13 years on Active Duty, was medically retired due to wounds recieved in Iraq. Now I'm an instructor at the National Guard's Military Academy in NC.

1st of all, everyone knows they can deploy at any time, given the tempo of the current military. It happens, if you enlist now, you know you'll be in Iraq, point blank.

I used to be an Army Career Counselor, but it was the Active Duty side, so I can answer a lot of questions, and I work with National Guard everyday, so I can find out anything you need to know.

My one word of advice: get what you want in writing. They do guarantee your job, unless you do something to screw it up, they will put you into training. I would say that the guy that posted above couldn't get a security clearance or something like that in order to not get the 96B job, that's usually what gets people.

Good Luck, it's a good job if you do it correctly, you can be setup for 4 retirement checks through the National Guard if you play the cards right.