some caps work some dont..like its been said you have to have good electrical to begin with..i use these and they are strong. i accidently shorted one and it almost blew my thumb off

2012-03-01_095632.jpg

Pics of the hand, intresting art to give a thump. Saw a vew amputations, my family have a ortopedic handcraftshop.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

some caps work some dont..like its been said you have to have good electrical to begin with..i use these and they are strong. i accidently shorted one and it almost blew my thumb off

2012-03-01_095632.jpg

wat are those??

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

2012-03-01_095632.jpg

wat are those??

Those my friend are what a lot of usac competitors use.... I'm trying them out they seem promising in theory I will find out soon enough at finals..and yes they're installed bill..results soon

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

2012-03-01_095632.jpg

wat are those??

Those my friend are what a lot of usac competitors use.... I'm trying them out they seem promising in theory I will find out soon enough at finals..and yes they're installed bill..results soon

As it was asked....what exactly are those?

they are probably carbon caps but they are wired in series so thats pretty strange... i'd like to hear the reason for that.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The answer is simple and it only applies to quality capacitors, of which the Rockfords are. Assuming the capacitor is properly sized for the job and located within 12 inches of the amplifier . . . would you rather have 12.6 Volts or 14.4 Volts available to your amplifier?

It's just that simple. So for all you guys that say caps don't work, I would challenge you to learn more about the topic. Hint - start by learning about pulse width modulation and how the power supply of a car audio amplifier works. Hint 2 - read the sticky in regards in the RF forum.

With so much good information available on this topic, ignorance is not bliss.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

they are probably carbon caps but they are wired in series so thats pretty strange... i'd like to hear the reason for that.

Likely to increase their voltage capability. For example, the old RF 100 Farad capacitor was really (6) 600 Farad caps wired in series. Why? Simple - each cap was rated at 2.6 (or 2.8 volts - can't remember . . . )

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

The answer is simple and it only applies to quality capacitors, of which the Rockfords are. Assuming the capacitor is properly sized for the job and located within 12 inches of the amplifier . . . would you rather have 12.6 Volts or 14.4 Volts available to your amplifier?

It's just that simple. So for all you guys that say caps don't work, I would challenge you to learn more about the topic. Hint - start by learning about pulse width modulation and how the power supply of a car audio amplifier works. Hint 2 - read the sticky in regards in the RF forum.

With so much good information available on this topic, ignorance is not bliss.

So it would be better to run caps then batteries?

Since voltage will be higher. Considering that car has stock alternator?

The caps I have are 2.5v wired in series with a bank of 7 on each amp...I run 14v so I charge up to 16.8...that's why I ran 7..you can't overcharge them...and a bank of 6 was rated at 3400amps for 3-5 seconds...

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Likely to increase their voltage capability. For example, the old RF 100 Farad capacitor was really (6) 600 Farad caps wired in series. Why? Simple - each cap was rated at 2.6 (or 2.8 volts - can't remember . . . )

when a cap first charges there is a direct short, so each cap needs that 17v capability, since he charges at 16v+. but i guess thats the point of slow charging them, then the caps are never really discharged again, so ya. i could see that. but in series the capacity is cut in half.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.