Second Skin Audio

Walled?

as someone who walled their car after months of research and planning....i dont think you're ready for it.

dig through as many build logs as you can on here, and get VERY familiar with box designs and box building.

then one day (maybe) you'll be ready to attempt it

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

as someone who walled their car after months of research and planning....i dont think you're ready for it.

dig through as many build logs as you can on here, and get VERY familiar with box designs and box building.

then one day (maybe) you'll be ready to attempt it

Ha all I'm doing is research I want to know what they are and learn about walls Im not building one any time soon look to difficult for now

a wall is a form of subwoofer enclosure that expands from the floor to the ceiling and side to side in the passenger compartment of a vehicle. it can be mounted anywhere behind the front seats. walls (to be a true walls) need to seal the new front cabin space off from the rear cabin space, in order to effectively utilize the reduction in overall cabin volume. Most walls are built to allow the user to fit multiple subs, in a smaller cabin space, to optimize the pressurization that occurs.

**Edit**

opimizing the pressure will allow the vehicle to produce a higher SPL

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

It's honestly a ton of work compared to a normal box. usually involves cutting or bending of interior pieces, building a floor so it can stay balanced, creating a shell so it stays in place and sealing it so no air can get behind the box. Oh and building the box and actually figuring out the tuning since I've seen some vehicles where the actual tuning was different than what they thought

Ninja'd kinda lol

Edited by corey0928

a wall is a form of subwoofer enclosure that expands from the floor to the ceiling and side to side in the passenger compartment of a vehicle. it can be mounted anywhere behind the front seats. walls (to be a true walls) need to seal the new front cabin space off from the rear cabin space, in order to effectively utilize the reduction in overall cabin volume. Most walls are built to allow the user to fit multiple subs, in a smaller cabin space, to optimize the pressurization that occurs.

**Edit**

opimizing the pressure will allow the vehicle to produce a higher SPL

Thank you best answer I've had so far

It's definitely the deep end of the pool. Most of us have large drivers (15"+) and several of them at that. That's why we have a wall. A wall can be anywhere from 12-50 cubic feet. Sometimes more sometimes less. They aren't particularly easy to build esp. if you have to do it in the car. Spend a few months talking to cats that have walls and look at their builds. Take your time and when you build make it as rigid as possible. My baffle is the thinnest part of my wall at 1 1/2" thick. What vehicle are we talking about?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 1 month later...