Second Skin Audio

Tuning Low with LOTS of Cabin Space?

I drive an Astro .... the ultimate spl vehicle, but ever since I got into car audio my vehicle never seems to want to hit any lows, as to where my buddy with an s10 extended cab can cleanly peak at around 33hz with single 10 on a 6th of my wattage sealed?! bah..

Anyways I was wondering if there being such cabin gain that I peak around 50 hz... the only possiblility is to reduce the cabin size (walling it) and having my interior resonate at a lower frequency? Is there any fact to my myth or do you think it's just the subs I have? Currently running 6 12 inch american bass dx in 12 cubes tuned at 33 and blast the other half of my decaf cuz it's too low.

With a smaller cabin, it'll peak at a higher frequency...look at how little CRX's and such peak in the 60's. My 4-door truck peaks at 57hz, so I have to tune low to keep the beefy low-end that I like. Right now I have a single 10 tuned to 28hz and it's a little monster under 40hz, but can still extend as high as you need it to.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived