Big 3 help with Bravada...

I have 2001 Bravada with the 4.3. Engine bay is the same as a Blazer. Im trying to find the engine ground to do the Big 3. Also, does anyone know a spot to drill to put the wire thru the firewall. Im only doing one run of positive 1/0 and running a Planet Audio BB2400.1. If you have pics that would be GREAT!!

So u removed the antenna completely and just used the hole? Im only using 1/0 so wouldnt that hole be too big? And thanks for that pic and info.. What do I do about the big 3 engine ground?

I have the same style engine and connections but i have an Envoy instead. I grounded from my battery to the bolt that holds the huge metal bracket that is above the alternator (you are supposed to use it as the grounding location when jump starting and it says "gnd" on the part) and i drilled a hole on the frame near the very front and bolted a ground to the frame after i cleaned it up. I have 0 resistance in those connections and its easier than using the bolt on your alt as the alt is a pain in the ass to get to unless you pull your wheel and fold back the wheel well and get to them plus its hard to fit a ring terminal on that connection to begin with.

edit: for the wire run i used a pair of carpenter scissors and cut the huge rubber grommet that goes from the inside of my engine to the bottom of my firewall. If you look under the master cylinder there is a huge black rubber grommet that is about 2-3 inches big, i cut a hole through the grommet and fed my 1/0 through that. Then i pulled my carpet back and removed the foam foot rest block and cut a slot into it so that my 1/0 would fit into that neatly and not make a bump on the carpet then continued to run the wire to the back right next to the clips that hold down the bottom trim pieces.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

What about under the truck? Any suggestions since it'll only be one run? It looks too creepy to go thru the firewall!!

I havent ran any wires underneath my truck yet but this summer i will because im not drilling a hole in the same grommet again and try to fit a ground wire next to the power wire on the same run. I planned to use the cargo bolt that i modified in the rear as a junction so that i will have one end of my ground connected to that and then a continuous run to the ground of my battery under the hood. I was thinking to run that right along the outside of my frame rail up near the top so its out of the way. Havent looked into too much detail for if its possible but i will find out this summer when i jack it up and look at it. lol.

The firewall is way easier but that grommet i used is a pain in the ass to cut through since it has a solid rubber center on it and i went very slowly so that i didnt slip and cut the wire harness that comes in from there. I then made the hole just big enough to fish my 1/0 through it but it was super tight so i would have no water leaking through it. Then to finish it off i took air conditioner putty and put that right around the outside of the wire for extra waterproofing. Im overkill with a lot of things but id rather be safe than sorry. haha.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I really appreciate the help guys!! But I think ill give the underbody a try with the run, might even do two runs while im at it. Im still bumped on the big 3 tho. I dont have a bracket that says "ground" above the alt. And I found the engine block ground but its so deep I cant get to it!! I might drill a hole to the frame and send it there then to the battery and then chassis to the frame! Would that be safe??

Here are some pics i took with my phone of where my power and ground wires are in the front of my envoy. Your truck may not have the ground block i was talking about above the alt but see in the pics.

This is the ground location on my frame underneath the battery tray on the drivers side frame rail. I drilled the hole, used a wire brush on a dremel to scratch the frames paint off and then used my dads tap and die kit to put threads into the frame and bolted the bolt to the frame. That bolt is the tightest one i put on my frame. My rear ground was a pain in the ass.

IMAG0051.jpg

picture 1 of the location where my +12v 1/0 goes into the firewall through the cabin. I couldnt get a pic of it in the cabin because i didnt want to tear down the lower part of my dash where my alarm is, too many wires down there. lol.

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

power and ground wires between my engine/alt and battery. the wire going from the black terminal on my battery that is in the ribbed cover is the ground wire for my engine. It was easier to put it up there.:

IMAG0048.jpg

again.

IMAG0047.jpg