sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

I found out that if you do a thin coat of glue on the wood first and let it soak in it does not take as much paint. Just a helpful hint. Can put glue down on the wood, sand it to make it even, then spray. Looking nice though

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

I found out that if you do a thin coat of glue on the wood first and let it soak in it does not take as much paint. Just a helpful hint. Can put glue down on the wood, sand it to make it even, then spray. Looking nice though

Thanks man! Yea Hatersgonnahate just suggested the glue trick to me. I had never thought of that before. I will definitley do that seeing as I have plenty of glue left.

Didn't see this question so i'll ask, Along the back wall in the port, how do you plan on maintaining a consistent port width? PVC or something like that? Will it even matter?

Didn't see this question so i'll ask, Along the back wall in the port, how do you plan on maintaining a consistent port width? PVC or something like that? Will it even matter?

It will have a triangle in the center on the back. The port width wont be perfect, but will be close enough. I was thinking of using PVC but the triangle will be easier to make and glue on so I just went with that :D

Well I got the back piece on and all the corners fiberglassed. All I have left to do is get the top piece on and fiberglass the top corners. Then I will shift my focus to sanding it all down and prepping for paint.

Here's a few pics:

633d0153.jpg

4cf9a2bc.jpg

And here is a shot of the sexy kerf lol

da348ee1.jpg

Won't get much done during the day today cause I'm going to the parents house for a BBQ. But hope to get some done tonight.

I have another question. is the actual port length measured just to the inner most kerf on the front of the box to the end of the port? I guess i am asking how you measure port length because it looks like that would have been tricky to do.

I have another question. is the actual port length measured just to the inner most kerf on the front of the box to the end of the port? I guess i am asking how you measure port length because it looks like that would have been tricky to do.

I had read on here a while back was that you measure to the midpoint of the flare (if that makes sense) so that's what I did. It's such a minimal length that it wouldn't change tuning much at all. I think it was a difference of 1/4hz in tuning.

Archived