sprkn_ranger's DC audio build. *Kerfing has begun*

I wish I could rent one for a day. I could see forking out for one if I built systems all the time, but when I think about upgrading my amp for my front stage, and it's about the same price as a DD-1, I can't justify buying one right now.

Time to hit up the boss for a raise.

How's sealing off forward working out? got anything done yet?

Yea I'm kinda in the same position, I will definitely get a combo pack someday but not for a while. Very cool tools though! I'm very impressed with them.

And unfortunately no, I haven't done anything yet as far as sealing off. I almost think I'm going wait cause I'm thinking I am going to get a second level 2 and run my amp at 1ohm. But I need to at least get my big three done and get an XS under the hood before I do. So idk...one step at a time! Lol.

I gotta say, I was impressed by the output of that sub. I think it can take more power, but would need to be wired down. A second one is a great option, man.

Thank you for all your help today, took some time, but got my baffle fittin' nice and snug. Stupid angles LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I gotta say, I was impressed by the output of that sub. I think it can take more power, but would need to be wired down. A second one is a great option, man.

Thank you for all your help today, took some time, but got my baffle fittin' nice and snug. Stupid angles LOL.

Thanks man! Yea it does a lot better than I was expecting for a single level 2. Now I'm already starting to plan for the second one :peepwall:

And yea, stupid angles! :rofl: but shit, we got it...I'm still proud of them circles though! :D lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update, I ordered a new pair of rca's so I can mount my amp further back in the trunk the ones I have now are too short, so I had to mount on the back of the seat. I ended up getting the stinger sound quest ones that darvex had for stupid cheap a while back...turns out they are still pretty cheap! Got a 20' RCA for $5.99!

I'm thinking of mounting the amp to the back of the box but have read its hard on the amp's internals due to vibrations. I'd like to hear some people's opinions on this before I do it though.

Seems people tire of my opinions... but I'd say to keep the amp off the box. My .02

I'd like to see pics of the Big 3 when you get it done. :)

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I don't know how big your gaps are but if they are small you can use door seals. That's what I plan on using.

As for the amp on the box, I personally don't like the idea. To me it's like the person couldn't be creative enough to stick it somewhere better.

Big 3 is always nice, I still need to run 0AWG to my motor. Have the others but still no system yet in my car.

noice. at first with the way you build the box i thought you were going to put plexiglass on the top! but still nice and clean!

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Thanks for the input guys...I will find somewhere else to put the amp. I was kinda hesitating to put it on the box in the first place but you guys pushed me over the fence. :D

As far as the big 3 goes, I hope to get it done in a few weeks. At least that's the plan lol.

moarrr! :popcorn:

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...

moarrr! :popcorn:

Thanks for lookin man! And sadly I have no updates right now. I'm holding off doing anything else cause I'm planning on changing some stuff soon :peepwall:

No sense in putting in work to just tear it out and change it up in a month or two ;)

Archived