Second Skin Audio

Difference in two designs

7 members have voted

1. 1. What Box Would you use?

• Right Hand Ported Box
    • Center Slot Ported Box

So i got a couple box designs together form a few people and narrowed it down to these two. I DO NOT want this to be a V.S. thread. I just want to know the pros and cons of each box. NOT VERSUS. Also please vote on which one you would run and leave a comment why. Will there be a difference in sound quality ? SPL? . Mods please edit wording if there is a confusion, Both are tuned to the same within a tenth.

Box #1

michaelranallahotmailco.png

Box #2

carshateme.png

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I'd go with the center port, not only because i personally like the look (as if it matters). But i cannot see from the pic but it looks like if you did the right hand sided port, you have a chance for mad flex in the front board. you double baffling that B****?

I'd go with the center port, not only because i personally like the look (as if it matters). But i cannot see from the pic but it looks like if you did the right hand sided port, you have a chance for mad flex in the front board. you double baffling that B****?

do either of them look doubled? and the top one is clearly braced...

anyway, ram is pretty legit with his designs

also the second one doesnt seem like it has enough port, for two 12's, im to tierd to sit here and do the math

personally id go with ram, thats just me though

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Side port will use less wood, be smaller, and be simpler to build/design. Side port is usually louder (from personal experiences,) but can cause loading issues in high power applications.

Center port uses more wood, will be slightly larger, and can be a bitch to build/design. Also, they are a bitch to put long ports in. They are usually not quite as loud, but there is no risk of loading problems as long as you put a large enough pair of 45s in the back where the port splits to help direct air flow.

I love the look of center ports, but I love the simplicity and efficiency of the side port.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

fyi u can double baffle that face with no demention changes... what mounting depth? why would he have to have it in the design if it just might be one side double and good brace. u gonna spend the time to add it in the design? its a simple board. i was asking because he wanted my opinion so i gave it to him. u follow him around and get on peoples case alot?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^RE: Quote

also the second one doesnt seem like it has enough port, for two 12's, im to tierd to sit here and do the math

I DID NOT design either of these. I will double baffel WHAT EVER one i choose.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

2 10's BTW

they both look great i also like the port in the middle, but rams design look good

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I DID NOT design either of these. I will double baffel WHAT EVER one i choose.

The first design baffle is strongly braced with that center rectangle brace and likely won't need anything else but if you were to double baffle instead you would end up with something like this!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136743-box-for-g6/page__view__findpost__p__1927142

And yes the common chamber design is simple to build and widely used design.. with it you can test the port either side to see what you like best..with the center port you can't,..it has other disadvantages as already mentioned above.