Sonic Electronix

The difference is 138 amps to 40 something amps at most. There's no way a 2000 Watt amp is ever gonna push 138 amps through the speaker wire. And according to what u said his wire was sufficient for that amp load when it obviously wasn't. _

I think it's cute that you "liked" your own post. :sigh: Anyway, my first post in this thread was that the wire was NOT sufficient (as indicated by the fact it burned out). My math's just a little screwed up.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

The difference is 138 amps to 40 something amps at most. There's no way a 2000 Watt amp is ever gonna push 138 amps through the speaker wire. And according to what u said his wire was sufficient for that amp load when it obviously wasn't. _

I think it's cute that you "liked" your own post. :sigh: Anyway, my first post in this thread was that the wire was NOT sufficient (as indicated by the fact it burned out). My math's just a little screwed up.

And i proved you wrong.

THe maximum amperage the wire will see is between 10-15A, and the wire can handle a lot more, as you have said yourself and so did i.

BTW: i take a average of different sources to be safe how much the wire can handle.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Lmao...this sounds like what happened to my rockford prime 6x9s...too much power ran through the stock speaker wire and literally melted the plastic off the wire. That speaker no longer works.

The problem with my 6x9s....I had them wired the wrong way.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Your wire was probably touching the negative pole and making it spark up/heat up. I would replace the wire with OFC wire and see what happens. I run a 2600 watt amp on 12ga wire and it's fine.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Well the subs have 8 gauge wire terminals and the amps do too so im just gonna run the 8 gauge

I think this is the only useful post in this entire thread.

The smallest gauge wire I will ever use for subs I 10ga and I only use that on 600w subs and down. Any more power than that to a sub and I will run 8ga just so I know I am good.