Sonic Electronix

Amp goes into protect mode randomly

I put my 2nd lvl 4 in last the other day, subs are D1s so they are wired to 1ohm (Amp is obv. 1 ohm stable (apk2500)) It will play fine full tilt as long as I want it to if the gain is less than half way however, the gain needs to be more than halfway and when I turn it up passed halfway the subs will play for anywhere from 30secs to 3mins depending on the song I guess and then the amp will just go into protect. The amp is not hot at all when it does this.

Could this be a ground wire problem? I thought thats what it was originally and Ive put it in different spots and even changed locations.

Could it be the stock HU is clipping hard or all the voltage out only at high volumes?

Really have no idea what the problem is at this point. Speaker wires are soldered together. Amp is not touching metal.

im lost. BUT WHEN IT WORKS OMFG IT SLAMS.

Build In Progress for Slamology 2013

3 m1xl 18s walled in a gti

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

So is the said amp setup with the DD-1 or an O-Scope? If not how do you know that it needs to be past the halfway point?Also are you using a bass boost on the amp?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Do you have any idea what the voltage is looking like at full tilt? What it's dropping to?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

One can assume gain needs to be up because it is a stock hu with prolly like 1v out or something lol. Also the subs are wanting more power.

Voltage stays above 13.5 at idle.

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

Do you have a voltage indicator? Or were you checking voltage with a DMM on the battery? My guess is that it's dropping below 12v at full tilt, and throwing itself into protect.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Do you have a voltage indicator? Or were you checking voltage with a DMM on the battery? My guess is that it's dropping below 12v at full tilt, and throwing itself into protect.

Stinger voltage meter. I put it on the front batt also and it was about the same. I highly doubt im getting that much voltage drop because my lights dim around 12.6-13 when the car is running and they are not dimming yet.

elec is stock alt and a hc2400 in back

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

Tomorrow after work Im going to get it setup with an oscope and get it metered.

Hopefully it just needs to be setup properly. Curious to see meter results though, getting violent flex.

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60