'99 Cavalier "Bare Box Build" lol

Just a word of advice, that hydraulic crimper with the chrome dies the dies are undersized on. May need to make them a little larger to make them properly work with 1/0.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Just a word of advice, that hydraulic crimper with the chrome dies the dies are undersized on. May need to make them a little larger to make them properly work with 1/0.

Wrong.....actually its the kit with the black dies that can be purchased @ harbor freight that has the small dies. I know because I bought that kit before I bought this current one.

TEAM DISTANT THUNDER

Either way this crimper kicks ass lol. Can't wait to get mine.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Nice to see somebody else with a Cavalier! Skimmed through the thread for the most part for the time being and noticed you thought you had a problem with the fuel pump? My stock fuel pump actually went out a couple months ago after ~160k miles and that's when I read online that Cavalier fuel pumps are known to have somewhat higher failure rates haha.

Also noticed that the trunk of your '99 looks a whole hella lot easier to get a box into. The trunk opening on my '03 sort of juts out at the top like a bowl shape. Overall pretty good build log though :good:

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Wrong.....actually its the kit with the black dies that can be purchased @ harbor freight that has the small dies. I know because I bought that kit before I bought this current one.

Really? The chrome dies my buddy bought are too small on his Harbor Freight one. Odd.

Edit: On second thought his may have came from Northern. Not 100% sure, was just thinking he said HF.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Really? The chrome dies my buddy bought are too small on his Harbor Freight one. Odd.

Edit: On second thought his may have came from Northern. Not 100% sure, was just thinking he said HF.

Yeah I hear ya lol. This one isnt from harbor freight though. I bought this one on ebay from a seller named "saroh's" on recommendation from decaf

TEAM DISTANT THUNDER

Nice to see somebody else with a Cavalier! Skimmed through the thread for the most part for the time being and noticed you thought you had a problem with the fuel pump? My stock fuel pump actually went out a couple months ago after ~160k miles and that's when I read online that Cavalier fuel pumps are known to have somewhat higher failure rates haha.

Also noticed that the trunk of your '99 looks a whole hella lot easier to get a box into. The trunk opening on my '03 sort of juts out at the top like a bowl shape. Overall pretty good build log though :good:

Thanks dude, yeah the fuel pump was just below marginal so i said to hell with it and replaced it. Still have crappy starting issue but whatever lol. The trunk opening is super small, everything gets put in through the rear seat opening. I'm just lucky enough that i have enough space to do it like that. I'll be cutting more metal soon to make more room in the opening, have to make up some harness extensions for the 2 sections that run from the cabin into the trunk. They are in the way of progress lol.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

So I started on the wiring for the 4 ch. amp and made up some brackets like how i made for the back speakers.

Kicker dx200.4, infinity 6 1/2s and second skin deadener for both front doors.

IMAG1158.jpg

IMAG1159.jpg

IMAG1165.jpg

One sheet of black and one of chrome per door, is that considered ocd? lol

IMAG1166.jpg

Inside the door skin

IMAG1168.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

Inner door panel

IMAG1169.jpg

Made up a template in birch, love scrap pieces lol

IMAG1160.jpg

IMAG1161.jpg

Final cuts

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1164.jpg

Hardware i have laying around from a pair of kenwood 6x9s i have wired up in my garage. WIll be inserted through the door skin and through the brackets, bolted into place than trimmed down to size. I have one strand of wire run to the back, thought i had pictures but i guess i don't. I'll take some more when i finish the wiring. Knu krystal rcas and krystal aux cable on the way, than finally finishing the wiring and putting the headunit extension in as well.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Nice build. You would be surprised what alternator options you have on that car, just have to be a little creative with the mounting.

2012-01-27_19-11-44_563.jpg

I have an extra harness to convert to a cs130d.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Thanks man, that alt looks cool. I've been looking at a few of them.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived