Sundown Audio

I need more power!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which amp selection should i make?

• Keep the current 500-1 and buy a second 500-1
    • Ditch the 500-1 and get a Prime 1000-1
    • Neither and tell me what you think i should get

I want to start off by saying this will NOT be a vs. thread. I need some opinions and thoughts on a couple different amp setups that i have to choose from. Not based on power ratings but which would be best for my setup.

I'm currently running a pair of kicker CVR 15s, dual 2 ohm coils. I'm currently powering them with a single Rockford Fosgate Punch 500-1bd at 2 ohm. The 500-1 is stable at 1 ohm for 500 rms. I could buy a second 500-1 and run one per sub, just split the RCAs, i wouldn't run a bass knob since i have a kill switch on the turn-on lead and they're either beating or off lol. I also have the option of a Rockford Fosgate Prime 1000-1 which is stable to 2 ohm for 1000 rms. Either way will work and i'm not partial to either, which is why i need your help!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I voted get the 1000-1 just because then they would both be getting the exact same signal

I know it wouldn't matter much if the lpf or ssf are off by one or two Hz but I just like everything to be even I guess

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I would do a single amp, that way you dont have to match gains and deal with the head ache of having to worry about 2 amps.As far as what brand, well thats up to you.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I voted get the 1000-1 just because then they would both be getting the exact same signal

I know it wouldn't matter much if the lpf or ssf are off by one or two Hz but I just like everything to be even I guess

I thought of this and you're right, but the way the amp is now, the filter is maxed all the way up. I've had the prime 500 and it got warm at 2 ohm, the Punch barely changes at all. But i just want it to be right lol

it looks like its the same price either way, it just comes down to personal preference

I'm leaning on the punch but i still can't decide lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Yeah, I'd go for the 1000-1, equal power distribution is guaranteed because each 500-1 has different birthsheets, so with the 1000-1, each sub will be getting the same exact amount of power, and less wires to deal with too.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

buy my 1200.1 hahaha, I'd go with 1 amp. 1 amp = 1/2 the chance of issues and I'd get sick of not having a bass knob, sometimes I like a little beat so only having the ability to turn it on and off would not work for me.

1200.1 u say? Brand and specs? I'm intrigued

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor