dd-1 questions for kenwood headunit

maybe its just me but when it comes to different headunits, im confused on where to keep the bass settings, subwoofer settings, etc...for example, i just swapped my gfs apsm-1300 (1k but i had the gain VERY low bc of a 40a fuse under the hood) for a apsm-1500 (1.5k, added a new fuse and wiring), i used the DD-1 to set her headunit and amp and i thought i did it correct...im pretty sure tho, that something is wrong bc the headunit started to clip, according to the DD-1 at 27 out of 35 on the headunit (kenwood kdc-448u) and im not sure if it louder...i have the subwoofer all the way up (+13) and the bass at 0 (-8 to +8 )....basically, i need to know if i set it right??...also, if we can update and add to this thread for all headunits so users know EXACTLY what setting to use for their specific headunit, that would be much easier for ppl

Edited by fyerbyrd22

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

Set it where you are going to use it.

If you will play it with the subwoofer up all the way, set it like that

If you play it with the sub at zero, set it like that.

well which is the "correct" spot to set it at?

The way you are using it.

If you don't have a bass knob, set it with the subwoofer level all the way up so you can adjust the bass on the head unit.

If you do have one, just set it at zero.

Edited by SnowDrifter

No not the bass the sublevel. You are over thinking it. 27 is your clean max volume what'd so bad about that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No not the bass the sublevel. You are over thinking it. 27 is your clean max volume what'd so bad about that

x2! I'm rocking a cde-123 and hoping i can get that high after i get a dd-1. I heard mine usually goes to about 24 or so, though. We'll see... ^_^

check 1000hz... if it doesn't clip at 27 on 1000hz then keep turning sub level down until both sub rcas and mids/highs rcas clip on same volume

just a sub amp for now...no mids/highs amp...i just thought it would go higher than 27, maybe its just me...and i did check the 1000hz and 40hz signal to get my 27 on volume...so is it sub level all the way up, bass at "0"??...im still trying to learn EXACTLY how to use the DD-1

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

http://www.vminnovations.com/ImageViewer_16149/index.html?guid=1c5cc2d549a0470783c4f01a68192743

and i was supposed to turn the LPF all the way up, NOT the bass boost frequency??...i have the bass boost at 0